- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 2 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Air Conditioning Smell Lawsuit Will Continue news | 13 days ago
- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 29 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 42 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 81 days ago
2008 Toyota Highlander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: 2008 is the first year of the 2nd generation Highlander, & it may be a model year to avoid as Toyota most likely worked out some production quality issues with the new model.
The 2009 Highlander is the has far fewer complaints.
Worst 2008 Highlander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 86
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems11NHTSA complaints: 29
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 33
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 53
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Highlander Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Highlander compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Highlander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Highlander.