- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 1 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 6 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 30 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls C-HR SUVs Due to Parking Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- November 11: Toyota Tundra Rear Bumper Lawsuit Says Brackets Failed news | 34 days ago
2008 Toyota Highlander
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: 2008 is the first year of the 2nd generation Highlander, & it may be a model year to avoid as Toyota most likely worked out some production quality issues with the new model.
The 2009 Highlander is the has far fewer complaints.
Worst 2008 Highlander Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems19NHTSA complaints: 86
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems11NHTSA complaints: 29
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 33
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 53
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Highlander Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Highlander compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Highlander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Highlander.