- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 8 days ago
- August 17: Toyota Camry Recall Will Repair Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- August 6: Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrids Recalled For Backup Cameras recalls | 19 days ago
- August 1: Weight Labels Cause Southeast Toyota Distributors Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Brake Booster Pump Recall Issued For 7,200 Vehicles recalls | 31 days ago
2008 Toyota Highlander
CarComplaints.com Notes: 2008 is the first year of the 2nd generation Highlander, & it may be a model year to avoid as Toyota most likely worked out some production quality issues with the new model.
The 2009 Highlander is the has far fewer complaints.
2008 Toyota Highlander Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Knock/Rattle Noise On Cold Startup6
- Rubber Oil Line Broke6
- Engine Turns Over, Will Not Start3
- Timing Chain Cover Leaks Oil3
- Camshaft Bolts Loose - Damaged Engine1
- Car Will Only Idle, Not Accelarate1
- Engine Fire1
- Oil Leak/No Warning Light1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control38
- NHTSA: Engine36
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Highlander Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Highlander compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Highlander overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Highlander.