2018 Toyota Highlander body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Toyota Highlander:

2018 Toyota Highlander Owner Comments

Oct 012019

Highlander

When pulling into a parking place, slowly, with right foot on the brake, getting ready to stop before the curb, the car accelerated, jumped the curb going over the sidewalk and hit the building. My right foot was still on the brake when it stopped. This happened in a doctors office parking lot. Air bags did not inflate.

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Jan 222019

Highlander

January 22, 2019 while driving approximately 75 mph on the interstate the panoramic sunroof glass exploded in my car. Sounded like a shotgun when off and the pressure I felt in my back, I thought I got shot. Glass totally blew out of the car with only a couple inches left around the sides. No rocks or anything hit it. Filed a police report.

- Bay St Louis, MS, USA

Feb 082019

Highlander

When hit breaks hard... I hear a bang/noise from rear of my highlanger. ( dealership admit this is abnormal sound but they can't do anything about it). Transmission shift roughly, not smooth shifting. If car is in drive and im holding breaks car rear starts making banging noise N start shaking. So far my car has only 20K miles on it. Suspension is pretty stiff doesn't help while driving over post holes.

- Floral Park, NY, USA

Oct 222018

Highlander

I purchased brand new Toyota Highlander 2018 on Oct. 20, 2018 but the rattle (clicking) noise from passenger door side (B-pillar). I can hear the noise mostly while I am driving on the highway. I do not have any crash and accident.

- Auburn, AL, USA

Aug 112018

Highlander

I purchased a new Toyota Highlander from massey Toyota in kinston, nc in may of 2018. On August 11, 2018, the rear hatch glass spontaneously exploded and fell out of the car while it was sitting untouched in the driveway of the owners home. The weather was clear and warm. Toyota initially refused to cover this under the Toyota new car warranty, however finally they agreed to cover the window. A few days later my wife started noticing a squeak and rubbing noise coming from the back hatch when the car was was warm from the sun. After taking the car back numerous times to the dealer. The Toyota service department discovered that the back hatch/back door was rubbing near the spoiler area of the hing, at such a force to cause paint to come off the area. The service manager agreed that this was a manufacturer defect and that Toyota was required to cover this new car defect. However, after having the car for 2 weeks Toyota refused to cover the manufacture defect. In conclusion, the 2018 Toyota Highlander model has a defect that results in the back rear door & spoiler to rub and results in the back hatch glass breaking and even further damage to the paint and body of the vehicle. Toyota has shown a they can not be trusted to fulfill their obligation to new car customers.

- Dover, NC, USA