- November 7: 4Runner TRD SUVs Recalled by Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 8 days ago
- November 1: Scion xA Recall Issued in the U.S. recalls | 14 days ago
- October 31: Toyota Recalls Tundra Trucks Over Label Snafu recalls | 15 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 24 days ago
- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 31 days ago
Toyota Recall : Power Steering Assistance Failure
2012 Toyota Yaris
If the power steering assistance shuts off, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Toyota is recalling certain model year 2012 Yaris vehicles manufactured August 21, 2011, through August 31, 2011. A relay in the Power Steering Control Module of the electronic power steering system could experience a short circuit due to insufficient distance between terminals in the relay and moisture contamination of relay coil windings. A short circuit in the relay could disable power steering assistance.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power steering control module. The recall began on July 31, 2013. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.