- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 28 days ago
- June 18: Toyota Loses $12 Million 4Runner Axle Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
- June 16: Toyota Rodent/Wiring Lawsuit Dismissed news | 37 days ago
- May 9: Toyota Highlander Steering Wheels Are Falling Off investigations | 75 days ago
- April 25: Continental Tire Wins Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 89 days ago
Toyota Recall : Power Steering Assistance Failure
2012 Toyota Yaris
If the power steering assistance shuts off, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- Toyota is recalling certain model year 2012 Yaris vehicles manufactured August 21, 2011, through August 31, 2011. A relay in the Power Steering Control Module of the electronic power steering system could experience a short circuit due to insufficient distance between terminals in the relay and moisture contamination of relay coil windings. A short circuit in the relay could disable power steering assistance.
- Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power steering control module. The recall began on July 31, 2013. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.