- November 29: GM Fuel Economy Lawsuit Claims SUVs Have Lost Resale Value news | 7 days ago
- November 23: NHTSA Delays GM Takata Airbag Recall Deadline recalls | 13 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 32 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 34 days ago
- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 45 days ago
2001 Chevrolet Prizm
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2001 Chevrolet Prizm
Official recalls have been issued for the 2001 Chevrolet Prizm by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2001 Chevrolet Prizm SUSPENSION NHTSA Campaign #10E002000
Summary: Ride control is recalling certain front strut mounts branded as gabriel ride control or arvinmeritor, P/nos. 142435, 142193, 142305, 142303, sold as replacement equipment for the vehicles listed above. The affected front strut mounts did not contain a weld joint between the bearing housing and the rate plate.
Consequence: The absence of the weld can allow the strut to come out of its mounting position under certain extreme driving conditions which could cause damage to surrounding vehicle components increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Ride control will notify owners of record and replace the affected parts free of charge. The safety recall began on March 15, 2010. Owners may contact ride control at 1-248-458-1396. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #10E002000 »