CarComplaints.com Notes: What the heck happened here? A year after getting our "seal of pretty good" for the 2004, Chrysler turns around and delivers this crapwagon.

This minivan has problems ranging from rack and pinion steering failure to door locks that won't let you out. And trust me, you'll want to get out.

1.9

2005 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Jul 272015

Town & Country

I just picked up the car after getting recall R03 performed at fowler Dodge in Oklahoma city. I had never had the problem that was stated in the recall but was advised to get it fixed anyway. On my way home from the dealership on 07/27/15 at approx. 1800 hrs. I hit a bump and the key fob went to the off position leaving me with out power steering, brakes, and engine. That is what the recall was suspose to fix. The one problem I had never had with the vehicle, now I am having it after the recall.

- Norman, OK, USA

Jun 052013

Town & Country

My air bag and ABS lights stays on and my door locks and rear tail lights stop working I have to get fuses and lights regularly

- Cleveland Htgs, OH, USA

Oct 162014

Town & Country

Luckily I was in my driveway when my brake pedal went straight to the floor. I'm a mechanic and an engineer. I immediately searched for a puddle of brake fluid on the driveway. Finding it between the rear wheels on the ground I raised the rear end up to access the suspect area. Shocked, I saw a hydraulic brake manifold with 4 brake lines coming out of it and one was clearly total rust. All others were in completely new condition. Clearly the rusted one leading to the left rear brake cylinder was processed differently than the others. Three perfect condition, one completely rusted"???" something needs to be recalled, now!!!! I changed the brake line and all is well. If a recall is issued I want my money and time reimbursed, please.

- Oxford, CT, USA

Apr 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The vehicle experiences sudden power failures. The engine shuts off while mobile with a sudden loss of power steering and brakes. It is very dangerous as I could have lost control or been rear ended. Internet research has noted that dealers have diagnosed that the evaporator valve in the fuel tank was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Mar 182014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, she attempted to engage the brakes while making a right turn but the vehicle failed to stop. The contact mentioned that the brake pedal sank to the floorboard and the vehicle suddenly accelerated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the brake master cylinder was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 06E022000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was repaired. The failure and current mileage was 175,000.

- Indianapolis , IN, USA

May 182013

Town & Country

There was no accident. I have a 2005 Chrysler and yesterday it made a sound as if the rear brakes were bad. So far I have found the cast backing plate has no threads in one of the two boltholes and the allen head size of the bolts is different. The fact that the hole has no threads is scary; the brake could have come off if the other bolt had worked out. Different allen head size is also unbelievable" I think that the casting was flawed or faulty during manufacturing. I then checked the web and found this to be a problem with others" so I was wondering if this problem had been reported and if a recall is in work.

- Roy, UT, USA

Jan 262013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Stepped on the brake pedal and it went to the floor at approx 68,500 miles. I had to pump the brakes to stop. It happened once before but then had not happened for quite a while, but yesterday it happened again. The ambient temperature at the time was approx 15 degrees F. today the brakes did the same thing in the morning at approx 9:30 am but at approx 4 pm they seemed ok. The ambient temperature at 4 pm was approx 33 degrees F. is there any recall for this problem?

- Oradell, NJ, USA

Oct 012005

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced brake failure numerous times. The most recent failure occurred while driving through an intersection at approximately 25 mph and the brakes failed to engage. The contact was able to coast the vehicle into a parking area and was able to stop buy engaging the emergency brake. The brake pad and tires were replaced at 18,000 miles, the strut was replaced at 5,000 miles, and the rotors were replaced at 28,000 miles however, the failure was not corrected. The steering wheel made a grinding noise and was hard to turn. In addition, the doors could not be unlocked automatically or manually and sometimes the doors opened independently while driving. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who inspected the vehicle and stated that the brake master cylinder exhibited oil consumption therefore, the vehicle was unsafe to drive and they could not complete the vehicle inspection. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 48,800.

- El Dorado , AR, USA