CarComplaints.com Notes: What the heck happened here? A year after getting our "seal of pretty good" for the 2004, Chrysler turns around and delivers this crapwagon.

This minivan has problems ranging from rack and pinion steering failure to door locks that won't let you out. And trust me, you'll want to get out.

2.1

2005 Chrysler Town & Country miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

2005 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments

Aug 142016

Town & Country

My van dies on me while driving after I fill up with gas. Does it every time now. I pull out of the gas station and am in the street and it dies, I restart it after a minute but as I travel further into traffic and slow down behind another car or a light it dies again. It seems to be getting worse each time. I read other complaints for the same thing and that it was a bad part so I called customer service. They said tough, the factory warranty was up. When I asked further they hung up on me. I live on a very windy and hilly road with zero shoulder, just a mild to steep drop off into trees. If I stall in the middle of this road, no oncoming car will see me in time to stop and they can't go onto a non-existant shoulder. It will be worse when snow and ice come. I have kids and no extra car to use. If this is a because of a faulty part shouldn't they fix it or recall it" I am clearly not the only one with this problem. There are tons of people complaining of the exact same thing with the same van. What can I do" on the date below where it asks when did this happen I am putting the last time it happened since I can't put a range of dates.

- Pacific, MO, USA

May 082016

Town & Country

I had a flat on my mini van. While trying to lower the spare tire I found it stuck in place. The safety catch will not release and it is impossible to access the spare without compromising your personal safety by crawling under the van. If this had been my wife and had I not been at home when I found the flat this could have turned into a life threatining ordeal. Why isn't anyone address in this well known issue.

- Belt, MT, USA

Dec 172014

Town & Country 6-cyl

After filling up the gas tank with gas, I drive away from the gas station and the van stalls. This has happened on a 2 lane divided highway in which I was almost killed! can someone please look into this situation.

- New Canaan, CT, USA

Jun 022011

Town & Country

Driving my car home I pulled over in a turn out to move something in the rear compartment that was making noise. That took approx. 30-45 seconds until I was back in the drivers seat. I smelled what I thought to be a forest fire. It smelled like wood or trash burning, not a vehicle smell of oil, gas, rubber burning etc. I then saw smoke coming up through the carpet and floor mat of my front passenger floorboard. This didn't make sense to me, so I quickly looked at the instrument panel which had no indication of engine trouble or overheating. So I immediately reversed the car to see if there was vegetation under where I had parked and there was not. So I pulled back into the lane still not realizing that my car was on fire. As soon as I pulled out and accelerated it was obvious that my car was on fire. Thank god there was an immediate exit to pull off of the highway. I went to the bottom of the off ramp, put the car in park, popped the automatic opener for the rear door and turned the engine off. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher. So I read the directions very quickly and pulled the pin. Then I pulled the latch for the hood compartment and went to open the hood. As I lifted the hood I saw flames shooting up from behind the engine along the passenger compartment fire wall of the vehicle. I used my fire extinguisher to put out the flames but it ran out and the car was still smoking and smoldering. I then dialed 911 from my cell phone and luckily a chp was only a minute away and cdf was only several minutes behind him. Cdf continued to hose the engine compartment from both above and underneath. I had the car towed to my local mechanic and he can't determine a reason that the car caught on fire. The only damage was the insulation to the passenger compartment fire wall and two spark plug wires were partly burned. Farmers ins. Co. nor the mechanic can determine any cause.

- Crestline, CA, USA