2008 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 45 of 55)

Mar 052014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving T approximately 25 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to a dealer but the technician was unable to determine the failure. The failure occurred on two occasions. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system) however, the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Feb 012012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer several times, but the technician was unable to replicate or diagnose the cause of the failure. The contact was notified of NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle were not available. The manufacturer was not able to provide an estimated date for when the contact would receive the recall repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 112014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle, but the failure recurred. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Houma, LA, USA

Jun 162014

Town & Country 6-cyl

It started off horn blowing wipers going off and washer fluid squirting in the driveway no one in it. Then started doing that while driving at different speeds from standing still to 65 mph. Also has like lost transmission, it would shutter like losing power, then be ok. It has shuttered at red lights horn going wipers going water spurting and stall out. I had a fairly new battery and it drained it and tested bad. The a.C. goes off well the fan motor control does. My wife is afraid to drive the vehicle. It possessed. That's what we call it. I can for see this could cause a serious accident. My teenage daughter drives it to some times and not being a experienced driver like an adult im afraid to let her drive it.thank for litening. Im reading on line this is happening to a lot of other people.

- St Cloud, FL, USA

Sep 122014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system), but the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Orland Park, IL, USA

Sep 032012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the service traction control, check engine, and ABS sensors illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle stalled several times, but was able to be restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than five times, but the contact was unable to get a specific diagnosis in order to repair the vehicle. The authorized dealer indicated that either the ECU or the hcu needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Naples, FL, USA

Nov 282013

Town & Country 6-cyl

I am very disappointed with the quality and service of the Chrysler Town and country 2008 and the Chrysler corporation. On thanksgiving 2013 as my family and I prepared to attend our family dinner gathering we were left sitting as the car would not crank. We had some of the main course dishes including the turkey our thanksgiving was ruined. We were all devastated. The key read 'badkey',we tried everything we could to no avail. A few days later after more feverish attempts the car crank but we would have to attempt several times with in-between reading of badkey. I called Chrysler dealership to find out how much to replace the key they said about $300, for a key! I found one online much cheaper took it to Chrysler dealership only to be charged nearly $100 to program a key that takes about 5 minutes to do. August 15th 2014 I am preparing to go run errands and the car once again reads badkey. Finally after several attempts it cranks once more that day. Later that night and still right now its not working reading badkey. I ordered another key towed the car to Chrysler again only to be told its the win module that needs to be replaced, its not reading the key to program it. I did some research and found out that this a recurring problem with the Chrysler vehicles with the fob keys. I also found that there was a recall on the 2009 but not the 2008 win module'same issue in both vehicles. Countless people have complained about it only to be brushed off either you pay to fix it or your just out of a car. Thats absurd to not replace/recall a part that is clearly bad on the vehicle just different models.I wish I knew they didn't care about their customers before I purchased a Chrysler 200 2014. I only hope its not such trash as the Town and country. I am very disappointed in Chrysler's handling of this issue. I will never purchase another vehicle with the Chrysler name.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Aug 042014

Town & Country

Chrysler Town and country 2008 van has been an issue for some time now. The van has been at the dealership(s) well over 10+ times regarding the same exact problems. I have video of the problem also. Chrysler's tech engineers at Chrysler corporate have been involved to also having a Chrysler corporate engineer look at the van at one of the dealerships in person. The van has been at dealership for over 2 months trying to fix the problem and another dealership now has had it for over a month (still at dealership now) with similar and same problems we have had with the van for years. The dealership now cannot figure out what's going on, Chrysler tech engineers corporate are involved again and they still have not figured out what is going on. Issues with T&C van; (1) at times the van won't turn over at all. (2) van will turn over but won't go into gear. (3) van makes clicking noise when trying to start, won't turn over. (4) van was stuck in 2nd gear, drove 12 miles home would not change out of gear (video of this) (5) dealership states that they can't see any prompts or error codes when hooked up to tester at dealership. (6) gear stuck if you giggle the gear shift at times the van will go into gear. (7) if you can force the gear shift manually to "N" roll forward or back the car might start. (8) sliding doors have been in multiple times with not opening or close electrically.

- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Aug 292014

Town & Country

My car's electrical system goes crazy. The wipers go on at a very fast speed along with the fluid spewing out at a very fast rate. The horn goes off without being able to stop it. The screen where I see the radio channels and the back-up camera flashes uncontrollably. The rear wiper goes off and the fluid also just pours out. This has happened 3X's. the dealership couldn't find anything the time I brought it in. This last time it happened I was able to record it via my phone. I hope now by the dealership seeing it they will see what's wrong. I saw a report on cbs news on Aug. 27th. And saw that a woman who had the same issue also had a few items replaced because of this one being the fuel pump. My fuel pump has now been replaced, like her, I wonder if this is all due to tipm? thank you.

- Highland Mills, NY, USA

Jul 072014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The check engine, brake warning, and low fuel light stays on all the time. The gas gauge reads empty all the time. The side door close buttons do not work and something is draining my battery (I even purchased a new battery and it still happens). I have to disconnect the battery cable every time I'm done driving for the day or it won't start the next day.I can't get this vehicle inspected with the check engine light on. The part has been on back order for weeks.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Aug 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car stalls for no apparent reason causing me to lose driving functions like brakes and steering. Radio stays on. This happens about every two weeks.

- State College, PA, USA

Mar 142014

Town & Country 6-cyl

While I am driving my 2008 Chrysler Town and country it shuts off without warning. When this happens I am usually driving less than 35mph but it is very difficult to control the van due to a loss of power steering, electric, and gas control. I usually have to apply the brake, shift it in neutral, and wait for the engine to restart (which sometimes stalls for a few seconds). This is very concerning to me as a parent with 3 children who usually travel with me and it happens frequently--so far up to 6 times in 1 day.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Apr 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The first incident that I could remember took place on April 1, 2014. Arrived home, put the van in park, and could not remove the key fob from the ignition. The last incident happened on August 21, 2014 when I arrived at an eye appointment for my daughter and couldn't remove the key fob. The key fob would stop at a 45 degree angle and it took 7 minutes for me to remove the key fob. Between the 1st incident and the last incident, there have been at least 8 times in between where I cannot fully turn off the vehicle because the key fob stops at a 45 degree angle and can't be removed. If this is part of recall L25, then my vehicle needs to be added to the recall and fixed for free. This should not be happening!! tried to bring it to a dealership and they wanted to charge me to fix it. Even if this is not due to a recall, this is a manufacture defect and should be corrected for free.

- Concord, NC, USA

Aug 232014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Key fob will not turn in ignition. Vehicle unable to turn on.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Aug 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Electrical power to dash indicators would not connect with ignition via the computer until I "jiggled" the key fob.

- Great Bend, KS, USA

Jun 052013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Engine stopped, also power steering and brakes stopped. Able to pull over to side of road safely, stop, and restart engine. This has occurred three times, approximately once a month. Please note nothing is attached to the key fob.

- Caledonia, MI, USA

Aug 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The van shut off while driving over a dozen times in the past 3 weeks. It only occurs while driving in slow speeds and happens when first starting the van and while parking. The entire car shuts off and I lose power steering and the van goes dead. Mechanic cannot replicate problem. Maintenance is scheduled regularly and gas is always at a half a tank.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Jan 112010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Since I have purchased my 2008 Town & Country I have had the same repetitive problems. Sliding doors not working properly, radio doesn't shut off when key is out of ignition, van turns off while driving, brakes and rotors replaced three times, and most of all car not starting! when the key is in ignition I turn to start and it makes a clicking sound but doesn't turn on. I would have to wait several minutes to half hour continuously trying until car starts. I have video taped each incident for the last 3 years showed to dealership and they still insist nothing is wrong with vehicle. I have alerted Chrysler corporate and filed a complaint July 2014.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Aug 062014

Town & Country

Driving with wife and 4 kids and car went off without any warning. Luckily, there were no cars directly behind me. This was not the first time car shut down while driving. This is very dangerous and need to be resolved immediately. Will not continue to drive with the family til this is resolved. Called Chrysler and stated there's no recall according to my VIN number.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jul 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle began emitting a clicking sound when turning the key (fob), the clicking continued for a couple of seconds then stopped when the vehicle was put in drive. Over the nest few days the clicking continued to occur when starting the vehicle, lasting longer, and not stopping when put in drive. Yesterday, the clicking would not stop and when I tapped the area next to the key, the key moved from "on" to "accessory" position. I researched this problem, on the internet, and found a recall (L25. Note: This is an expansion of recall 11V-139). I contacted my local Chrysler dealer to fix the problem, but they stated that there were no recalls in effect. I then contacted Chrysler customer service who stated that not all affected vehicles had been identified yet and I would have to wait (for an undetermined period of time) until they identify my car as being included in the recall. I would very much appreciate your assistance in helping to resolve this issue. Thank you.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA