2008 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 3 of 8)

Oct 262010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 10V235000 (electrical system), 10V611000 (equipment), 11V394000 (equipment, air bags) and 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the parts to do the repairs was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/21/15

- Daren, IL, USA

Jul 162015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the engine stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 121,000.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Aug 012015

Town & Country

The vehicle was parked inside our attached garage. I went through the garage when going out to work in the yard. The vehicle was not running at the time. When I returned to the garage 5 minutes later to get an extension cord I discovered the van was running and the doors were locked, it appears it remote started without a request for remote start. Neither key fob was in a purse or pocket at the time. I had to run into the house to get my key fob that was located in the bedroom to shut the vehicle down. The other key fob was on the kitchen counter and had not been disturbed. The van would have kept running could have filled our home with carbon monoxide. Both our kids were inside napping at the time and their mother was inside the house nowhere near either key fob.

- Janesville, IA, USA

Jul 192015

Town & Country

We took our two vans in for re-call repairs and the vans started to work poorly, we think that the dealer can not be truthed do right by us, finding problems or leaving us with problems that did not acure before taking to the dealer's shop for recall services I believe it's all about the money.what can we do now?

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jul 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact had to maneuver the vehicle to the side of the road where it was restarted. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred three times. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000. MA 9/22

- Roselle, IL, USA

Jun 242015

Town & Country

My van shut off on interstate 94 right before the bridge between bismarck, nd and mandan, nd this was not the first time this has happened. All the lights on the dashboard start flashing and then the horn toots and then the wipers start up and then it dies. Sometimes we can sit there for a while and then it will start up again and go a little ways again.. this is a handicapped van and luckily my son was not with me this time. He has been with me before and we can't find a another handicap van to get us home. It has been in the shop to be fixed but it still happens. I really need this fixed..

- Mandan, ND, USA

Mar 272015

Town & Country

I got in the van and it woul not start. I continued to turn the fobik until it started. I drove the van to Chrysler dealer in collierville Tennessee. They installed a win kit. I drove it home and had various electrical problems. The wipers and lights would come on automatically. I took the van back to the same daler. They replaced the tipm. I took it home aagain to discover the van to have the original problem along with the electrical problems. My van has been in the shop approximately 2 months for these problems. It is presently there now. I have spent a total of $1689.61 for these repairs. I am not getting any results.

- Oakland, TN, USA

Aug 012013

Town & Country

The keys system would not lock/unlock the car consistently. Manual operation of unlocking/locking the car was the work around. Subsequently the ignition or wireless remote system has gone bad which now affects the igntion displaying a "bad key" and solution is to replace the entire wireless remote system. The wireless remote system controls the ignition, the doors, the engine.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 272015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle shut off intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the tipm module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 302015

Town & Country

The 3.8L engine in the van uses 1 qt of oil every 1,000 miles. It has been doing it since we bought the van. Mechanic checked it out and there is nothing wrong and said it's "normal." It shouldn't be normal for a 2008, that is a problem from 1968! concern for running out of oil and blowing an engine causing an accident.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Oct 222010

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car will just shutoff without warning. Had the car into the dealer several times and they found nothing wrong. We received the safety recall in January 2015 regarding this issue. Contacted the dealer who stated they don't have the parts. Waited and contacted them again in April and they still don't have the parts. Contacted Chrysler Jeep directly who confirmed that the recall is legit and responded with this "thank you for your response. I have confirmed the vehicle does currently have the L25 win module detent ring recall. Regrettably, the parts to complete this recall are not available. We do not have a timeframe at this point for part availability. I will forward your moms information to your special tracking team. This will insure you are notified as soon as parts become available. We will send you an email advising your when you can return to the dealership for repairs. We respect your frustration with this issue and thank you for your patience." This is a safety issue. The car completely shuts off no matter how fast you are moving. Someone could get seriously hurt or killed. How can Chrysler not have the parts.

- Lancaster , PA, USA

Jan 252015

Town & Country

I experienced an unintended engine shutoff at 40 mph. I pushed the gear selector from "drive" into "neutral" to get a quick restart. No fault lights showed up on my instrument cluster. This happened once more in February and once more in March of this year. I received an L25 recall letter from Chrysler in the summer of 2014. What is taking so long to get replacement parts" can't you encourage them to complete this recall asap"

- Crown Point, IN, USA

Oct 102013

Town & Country

Van shuts down while driving. Loses power brakes and power steering. This has happened at least 5 times in past two years.

- Lenoir, NC, USA

Mar 192014

Town & Country

Car has suddenly shut off three times in past month, while being driven. Have had it in the shop for past two weeks. Chrysler says that there is no eta for recalled part to be delivered. No idea what to do. No keys on keyring. Am afraid to drive this car. Just purchased car in early February. First time it shut down, I was downtown, in traffic. Second and third times, thankfully, I was not in town.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jul 102013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 70 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 87,000.

- Brandenburg, KY, USA

Jan 072013

Town & Country 6-cyl

Numerous times the car engine/ignition has shut off while driving. All power assist are then disabled. We have been lucky that so far each event has not been on freeway driving and we were able to sluggishly steer the car to the side of the road. We have filed this complaint with our dealer and with Chrysler but are still waiting for recall action. We have been told by our dealership (larry moore Chrysler-peoria, AZ. That the parts for our model year are not even available yet"? what happens if we are in an accident due to this defect?" seems unconscionable that Chrysler admits the problem (finally), puts out recalls, knows it is a huge safety issue and then is not prompt in settling the matter?

- Sun City West, AZ, USA

Mar 252015

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving down the road going between 35-40 mph and my car shut off. The radio and headlights were working but the engine was off, the power steering stopped working and the brakes were not working correctly. I tried to steer on the road but was approaching a stop sign where cross traffic did not stop. So I ended up pulling into the front yard of someone's house to slow and finally stop the car. The front yard was large so luckily I did not hit any mailboxes or houses. My car had shut off in 3 other incidences but I wasn't going as fast and I was in a residential neighborhood so I was able to let the car roll to a stop and no one was hurt. We use this car as a family car and I am worried that someone is going to get hurt if this happens again. I have called the closest dealership several times and Chrysler and no one seems to be able to help me. They all of told me that nothing can be done without a certain part that is not available. When I call the dealership they forward me to Chrysler and when I spoke to the person at Chrysler they forward me to the dealership.

- Fishers, IN, USA

Aug 252014

Town & Country 6-cyl

There is a recall on my vehicle. The parts have not been made. I received my notice in August, 2014. I have E-mailed them twice and the parts still have not been produced. Why"???" my car "could cause unintended engine shut off and the passive restraint systems, including the airbags to shut off. This could increase the riskof a crash under certain conditions and increase the risk of occupant injury during a crash."

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Dec 022013

Town & Country 4WD 5-cyl

We're following up on our vehicle invoice and receipts sent to Chrysler customer assistance, P.O box 21-8007 auburn hills, mi 48321-8007. It has been over 3 months and we still haven't received the proper reimbursement for the recall. We should have received our payment within 60 days as documented in the recall notification. The recall # is L25/ NHTSA 14V-373 due to the frequency operated button ignition key which would cause the engine to shut off. Please contact us with the status or update to this recall.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Mar 122014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Was leaving AZ on the hwy and traveling with the speed of 70 ml and lost speed it went down to 35ml and I had to pull into a service sta, could not find anything out of place after about a hour started back up and did not encounter no more problems I told the dealer and they said if it happen again bring it in.

- O Fallon, MO, USA