2008 Chrysler Town & Country seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Town & Country:

2008 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 16 of 17)

Jan 262015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Norman, OK, USA

Sep 302014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carmichael, CA, USA

Jan 202014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V37300 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Lugoff, SC, USA

Jan 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Locus Grove, VA, USA

Jan 092015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 11V139000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mahopac, NY, USA

Jun 162014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jun 262013

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Manistee, MI, USA

Apr 022012

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while driving approximately 40 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The contact managed to merge over to an emergency lane. The vehicle restarted only after ejecting and reinserting the battery. The battery also had to also be unhooked in order to shut the engine off. The contact received NHTSA campaign numbers: 10V235000 (electrical system), 10V611000 (equipment), 11V394000 (air bags, equipment) and 11V139000 (electrical system) and stated that the parts were not available. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified of the problem and the approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Des Moines, ID, USA

Aug 012014

Town & Country

My Town and country is involved in the L25 recall. There have been several occasions where during operation, the key moves from the "on" position. This causes the vehicle to shut off and I am unable to steer or engage the brakes. I have contacted Chrysler several times about this and to receive an estimated time of when the parts will be available for repair. I contacted them today, 1/6/2015 to let them know that it happened again and I almost caused an accident on a major highway. I also requested for them to provide me with a safe vehicle to drive while waiting on the parts for repair due to the concern I had for the safety of my children and other drivers. They said that it was not possible because they did not know when the parts would be available. This disregard for the safety of my family and the public is unacceptable. I would like to be contacted and informed of other actions I can take so that injuries and/or deaths do not occur due to their failure to remedy this defect and refusal to provide me with temporary safe transportation.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Dec 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My son and a friend took my car to a movie. The car suddenly quit running while driving on a residential street at approximately 25mph. There have been two recalls on the vehicle concerning the win module and win module detents. In 2010 I experienced the same exact issue, had the car towed to a dealership and they supposedly fixed the problem. This recent incident was exactly like the first. The dealership is refusing to replace the module and wants me to pay $600 to have it fixed. The car will not start without this repair. I am at wits end wondering why it is my responsibility to pay for a known safety issue repair.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 202014

Town & Country 6-cyl

This is in ref to recall L25.my car over the past 3 weeks is consistently shutting off while driving at least 1X per day.I have almost been in 4 accidents as a result.one time it happened as I was entering a busy interstate.Chrysler has not eta on the piece to fix the car.I called and they said to call you.I Transport a special needs child daily and this is getting ridiculous.I have been on busy main roads, on side roads and driving around a traffic circle and the ignition slips out of the on position, motor dies, I lose power steering and brakes and airbags.I have all keys removed from the key fob and it happens on a daily basis.I will leave the parking deck at my work today and it will shut off going down the ramp and I struggle to steer, stop, put car in park, restart and continue on...hoping I don't get hit or that I hit someone else.I need a temporary car until they can fix this.my key fob sits in the key hole lose and the littlest of bumps throws turns off my car.I either need resolution asap or another car until fixed.if I have an accident then we will see what an attorney has to say.this recall occurred months ago and Chrysler is yet to fix it.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Oct 312014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Had to take my van on 11/10/14 tate dodege Chrysler Jeep.Inc.I place an call to Chrysler group recall assistance center. About the problems with on going issue with my van, pay $335.35 for clock spring which restore an not working horn, speed control, ele.stability control, air bag light stay on, radio control.what I just paid for was an recall starting 1998 until now, I am planning on sending in my paper work. I send into your offices paperwork about all the other issues and problems I am having with my van wireless module, vehicle started, key stuck in on position, remold start not working properly, wireless ignition node modue (L25 safety recall L25, csn 1).and more.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Sep 092014

Town & Country 6-cyl

NHTSA recall #11V-139, Chrysler L25 remains outstanding since June. Manufacturer has initiated the recall, but doesn't have any parts to fix the problem.

- Bartlett, IL, USA

Jun 162011

Town & Country 6-cyl

Important safety recall notice L25/11V-139 and L25/NHTSA 14V-373 repair still has not been done because manufacturer still does not have the part!

- Henderson, NV, USA

Oct 212014

Town & Country

In December of 2013 my car ignition began shutting off while driving. First time I was going 45 mph. It happened 3 times last winter and stopped. Chrysler issued an L25 recall 2 mo ago but no eta on parts still as of today. Key fob slipped to the accessory position while driving on 10/16 and 10/21 just recently while leaving the parking garage at my office. Garage is a bit bumpy like all and I have removed all keys from the fob per Chrysler instructions. They claim this happens at low speeds but it has happened to me going 45-50 mph last winter. On 10/21 I was going down the parking deck on an incline and the engine shut off. Someone was changing a flat tire in a parking spot at the end the ramp I was on and a car was behind me.I didn't know the engine has shut off until I go to brake and turn. I barely stopped in time so as not to hit the guy changing his tire and the person behind me almost slammed into me. Add to this the airbags become ineffective due to the power loss and I have no power steering or power brakes. I was about to turn at the bottom of the ramp when I realized I had no power. I could have killed the person in front and the person behind almost took me out. The frequency of this happening is increasing and Chrysler refuses to do anything. They told me today the recall is too big and they don't have the loaner cars to accommodate and Chrysler claims this only happens at low speeds on bumpy roads and the car is safe to drive. I have a special needs child who is always in the car with me and I'm always carpooling with my daughter's gymnastics team so I always have kids in my car going to performances. This is putting me and my family and other kids at risk. My car is not safe and Chrysler refuses to do anything about this. I need a loaner car and quick. I drive to work 5 days a week for an hour each way plus all the other things I have to do to Transport my kids.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

Oct 282013

Town & Country 6-cyl

2008 Chrysler Town & Country. Consumer writes in regards to the wireless ignition node module recall notice. The consumer stated there were times, when it was difficult to remove the key from the ignition. Also, the clock spring was replaced. Updated 12/15/14

- Laurel, MD, USA

Aug 022014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The problems I experienced included: 1. car stopping while driving 2. ignition sticks and turns for extended period, then starts 3. ignition does not start, just clicks, the starts after several tries. I put in new starter for $400 that did not fix it. Chrysler recommended replacement of the win module at my cost of $800 to fix this problem. Said repair should fix all of this issues. They said it was warranty repair and to send in payment receipts for reimbursement. It appears that this was a recall from 2011 under the same L25. This repair was done on 8/22/2014 and did not fix the problem. Have not been reimbursed. Chrysler then acknowledged another updated L25 recall and that the fix will permanently repair van and fix all issues. They sent official recall notice undated but received by me on 9/15/2014. Parts to permanently fix this defect are unavailable currently. I have not driven the vehicle since 9/5/2014 because I do not feel safe in it, as it has stopped on the road previously. The letter states that vehicle may stop, increasing the risk of crash and injury, but that I should go ahead and drive it anyways. What!! as a responsible and safe person, I choose not to drive this rather than take the risk. How can you issue recall but not have the parts to fix it" they do not even have a time frame. How can I expedite recall repairs? what legal recourse do I have? I don't want this car anymore. Will it be safe even when they finally get the proper parts and repair it? I am very upset with this issue, as well as the loss of use of my vehicle for an extended time, inconvenience, mental distress, and additional costs. This is totally irresponsible and lacking in care by Chrysler. This is the same problem GM had with many injuries and deaths. How many people must get hurt or die" I will not buy another product from them.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Aug 112014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My Town and country passenger restraint system light came on. Took it to the dealer and they said it is not a safety concern, I think it is because if the airbag and occupant restraint system does not work in an accident the passenger could been injured or killed. I think this issue should be taken up and a recall of vehicles.

- Port Orchard , WA, USA

Jun 162014

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving back from work my vehicle turned off completely. It was rolling and I was unable to brake or turn the steering wheel. There was no power steering, no brakes, all the controls and lights were off. I was in the middle of the busy 4 lane street. I put my hazard lights on and moved over to the outside lane and ultimately was able to turn into the parking lot. I sat there for a while stunned by what happened. After a few minutes I tried to start the van. It did start and I was able to continue on my way home. Exactly the same situation occurred today, July 14, 2014. We also have been having issues with starting the van. After turning the key the van starts up and a few seconds later goes dead.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Jan 222014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that the clock spring assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage and VIN was not available.

- Waterford, MI, USA