2009 Chrysler Town & Country electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 21 of 21)

Jan 012011

Town & Country 6-cyl

While driving with my family on 1/1/2011 the truck just shut off, all the lights on the dash came on as if just starting the truck and the truck restarted. I brought the vehicle to the dealer on 1/03 and they diagnosed it no trouble found and returned the truck (they said there were no error codes). On 1/20/11 the same issue happened this time to my wife while merging onto a major highway at 55 miles an hour, the truck (because loss of power steering) pulled to the left, she had my 3 and 6 yr old in the truck, I brought the truck that evening back and contacted Chrysler corporate. They saw a fault with a loose battery terminal PO884 on ro, and replaced the win. My wife is petrified to drive this truck so I have been driving it since. Today 2/09/11 it happened to me at ~40 mph at ~8:15 am. I have called Chrysler again. This is a major safety issue and I cannot feel safe letting my wife drive this truck anymore nor myself.

- Farmingville, NY, USA

Dec 312010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact smelled an electrical burning odor inside of the vehicle. The contact pulled over to the side of the road to inspect the vehicle and noticed that small flames were coming from the rear area of the passenger automatic sliding door. The fire department removed the door panel and extinguished the fire. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer for diagnosis and repair. The contact discovered that there was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 09V046000 (electrical system: Fuses and circuit breakers electrical system: Fuses and circuit breakers). The contact was uncertain if the VIN was included in the recall, and planned to notify the dealer. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Mar 202009

Town & Country

Transmission constantly slipping when shifting up or down....1st transmission lasted less than 14,000 miles...replaced under warranty..complete transmission module module changed out twice.....2009 Town & Country limited swivel-N-go....great idea....very poor quality!

- Red Bay, AL, USA

Sep 152010

Town & Country

While traveling at 60mph on the expressway my 2009 Chrysler Town and country van stalled and would not restart. The code at the dealer indicated that the PCM module automatically shut down the vehicle. This happened twice. The first time the dealer installed a new PCM. The second dealer noticed that one of the wires to the PCM rubbed through on a factory installed upper radiator hose clamp, thereby sending a message in error to automatically shut down the vehicle. We would like Chrysler to check all vehicles for this defect when they come in for service so this very dangerous situation does not happen to anyone else.

- Orland Park, IL, USA

Jul 232010

Town & Country

2009 Chrysler town and country. No specific event leading up to failure. The first time I had been driving for only a few minutes and was in a parking lot intersection when the car stopped. The second time I had just gotten off of a major highway and was on a busy in town road at rush hour going 30-40mph. Both times, without warning the van just shut down. I had no acceleration, no breaks and minimal steering for a few seconds. After the car shut down, I was able to restart it after a minute with no other problems. The second time that it broke down I do recall that all of the dash lights went on a second or two before I lost steering. It has occurred twice in the last 4-6 weeks. It was not raining or wet either time. I brought the van in to Chrysler after the second failure. However, because they could not replicate it losing all power, they did nothing to fix it. A different problem with the electrical part of the windshield wipers (separate problem) was fixed. I am terrified to drive for fear I will not be able to pull of the road in fast traffic next time. With four children, I am terrified to be on a highway or busy road..

- Elgin, SC, USA

Feb 052010

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country. She stated that in February 2010, the dashboard warning lights illuminated and unknown fumes filled the vehicle cabin. The vehicle also began to decrease in speed without warrant. The dealer was unable to duplicate the fume failure however, there were unknown repairs made to the vehicle in an effort to correct the dashboard failure. The failure persisted. The failure mileage was 3,000 and the current mileage was 13,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 242010

Town & Country

Yesterday while operating my 09 town and country at 45 mph with myself ( 4 months pregnant) and my 5 year old in the car, every light on the dash light up like a christmas tree, chimes went off as though a door was open, the wipers both front and back turned and my drivers set started sliding back and forth as if being adjusted all while driving. I have contacted the Chrysler Corp regarding this incident. They do not seem concerned. I would like to know if there have been any other similar complaints. I was scared, it was very distracting to happen while driving.

- Hawthorn Woods, IL, USA

May 212010

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town & Country. While the vehicle was parked, it caught fire. The windshield wipers were turned on and the lights on the instrument panel were illuminated. The fire originated under the hood. The contact called the fire department and after the fire was extinguished, the contact was informed that the fire was electrical. A police report was filed. The vehicle was totaled. The contact called the manufacturer and was informed that her vehicle was not included in any recalls. The current and failure mileages were approximately 7,300 updated 7/26/10 updated 07/29/10 updated 08/03/10

- Teaneck, NJ, USA

Apr 142010

Town & Country

2009 Chrysler Town and country 4-0 liter engine. A unexplained acceleration of the car. Could not de-accelerate. Had to throw the transmission in neutral. Engine continued to race. Finally came back to normal after going to drive back to neutral back to drive. The tires squaled each time the car was put to drive. The car was taken to sternberg Chrysler center in jasper, in. Car is still there. Awaiting results. They said first time to witness such an event per this model of vehicle.

- Jasper, IN, USA

Aug 142009

Town & Country

Bought this vehicle on Friday, 8/14/2009---all electrical equip. Stopped working on the way home from the dealership---no gauges, no power windows or doors, no turn signals, no brake lights, no A/C, no radio---the only thing working were the windshield wipers which came on by themselves and I could not shut them off---all the warning lights on the dash lit up---made it home and called the dealership and set up appt. For Monday morning---van has less than 100 miles on it and already in for service---called dealership Monday afternoon, they can't find any problems, must be the tipm (totally integrated power module)---they have ordered the part, but it is on backorder until who knows when---van has been deemed unsafe to drive until repaired--dealership provided me with a small sedan to drive until fixed, but this van was purchased by my funeral home to use for body transportation, stretchers, caskets, etc.---sedan is totally useless for my business.

- Raleigh, NC, USA