2010 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 052014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Car shut off while driving. Called Chrysler direct was told its not covered under recall no. L02 & L25. Also contacted local dealer ferrario's(in towanda pa) about this recall they said they can't get the parts to fix it. Their response was drive straight and don't hit bumps. Told Chrysler hotline the comments all I get from them is "it's not covered under the recall & we suggest to get it fixed and hold on to all receipts to see if it will be covered at a future date. Isn't this like the GM recall that has killed people?

- Towanda, PA, USA

Jul 162013

Town & Country 6-cyl

My wife was driving alone, North bound on I 65 South of louisville, Kentucky when the back end of the vehicle swayed and she proceeded to slow down and pull off by driving on to the right berm. A tractor which was mowing the grass the side of the road swung up onto the pavement and my wife ran into it. The tractor driver was ejected from the tractor. The front end of the Town & Country received extensive damage and the insurance company stated that the vehicle was totaled. My wife received extensive bruises to her right side, and her forehead struck the steering wheel. Both bones in her left arm were broken, probably due to the fact that the air bag did not deploy. She was taken to the hospital in louisville, Kentucky. Two days later surgery was required as plates and screws were installed in her left arm to hold the bones together and a cast applied. Inspection of the front seat after the accident showed that the horn in the steering wheel still worked but the cover of the air bag in the steering wheel was still secured.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Apr 152013

Town & Country 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town & Country. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled and the electronic stability control warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 62,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Hope , KS, USA

Feb 162010

Town & Country

I have a new town and country it is now 9 months old. I started having problems with the car approximately 4 months after purchase. I was just driving down the road and the car stalled it just shuts off there is no warning at all. This has happened on several different occasions. I have had the car back to the dealer on several different occasions for this problem. It happened to me once while I was turning out onto a busy road and the car stalled right at the on ramp to the highway. I was with my two children in the car. I drove the car to the dealer the next day and told them I would not drive it anymore they needed to figure it out. They took the car but, when I got it back within a week it happened again. I have also had trouble with the tire pressure monitor system coming on constantly but, there is nothing wrong with the tires. Also I was away with my family but, I was again alone with my children and we pulled into a kohls parking lot in New Jersey and the car shut off and would not turn back on. I could not lock or unlock the vehicle. Nothing worked I called the dealer because I was in a N unfamiliar place and they got me to road side assistance. While I waited for road side assistance the car just started again on its on. This has now happened on 2 different occasions. When driving on the highway now when I put on the brakes the whole car shakes. I have had this vehicle in to the dealer at least 5 or 6 times for all of these problems that are never resolved. This is a brand new car and I do not feel safe driving around with my kids in it. I have also contacted Chrysler at their vehicle complaint department and have gotten no satisfaction there either.

- Billerica, MA, USA