2010 Chrysler Town & Country brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Dec 162016

Town & Country

While driving the vehicle, always under 40mph, the traction control light comes on, I lose power steering, the engine shuts down, all lights and radio is down. So far I have been able to put it in neutral and restart. This morning I hit a curb going around the round about taking my kids to school. This has been going on over a year. It doesn't matter if its cold or hot, raining or sunny. It will go a month with nothing and then in one day it will die 6 times. We have been to private mechanics we have been to two different Chrysler dealers and they have checked the erg valve and the key fob, the ignition switch, they have check the battery, ran down all the electrical stuff, they had it for 2 days last week and couldn't figure it out. It's died on my 4 times this week. I have four kids and I'm always in the van and now I'm scared to drive it! we checked the VIN and there is no recall as we already did the vent window. But the recalls that are listed describe exactly what is happening. So Chrysler knows and doesn't care! you cannot just recall certain batches when there are clearly other vehicles doing the same problem. What is Chrysler prepared to do for a family when they are seriously injured in an accident because of their van! can't trade it in. Don't have the money to take the loss, wtf are consumers supposed to do with these vans. We are the original owners of the 2010 T&C, I love this van but it scares me to death! I just want it fixed! I mean I love roller coasters too but if one kept going off the tracks I'm not damn sure I wouldn't ride it or put my family on it. Please Chrysler fix these cars!

- Summerville, SC, USA

Aug 012016

Town & Country

First problem the left sliding door stopped working which appears to be a very common problem. The other major issue which is very common with this vehicle is the van runs great until it doesn't then there seems to be no definite fix. It started a few months ago when my van wouldn't start. We have taken to multi ok E mechanics and have also had it tested with recommendations from auto stores. We have replaced three batteries, two starters, the alternator and still something is draining the battery. I can't even count the times I have been told well maybe it's this or that and we fix it only to drive it and find myself and kids stranded somewhere because it won't start again. I have a family member with the same issue and have seen many others online with the same issue spending tons of time and money into trying to solve the problem only to not be any closer than when started. I am now in the process of troubleshooting if the entertainment system is the problem and draining my battery. I charged the battery the nd pulled stereo fuse my van stated charged however did hesitate to start once I had to turn key sev er al times. But battery did stay charged. I put the fuse back in and checked a little later and it quickly drained. So I may have found the issue however we have thought that many times so not holding my breath but if that is the issue that still is a huge disappointment because it controls so much both dvd players bluetooth navigation stereo cd player and some other electric features definitely not cheap to replace and having this was a main reason we purchased this vehicle for our family very disappointed that there is not a recall already and we along with others are just left out on our own -my email cblevensky@yahoo.com or phone 7Y5-506-7755also the problems take place after vehicle turned of and you go to start

- Gas City, IN, USA

Jul 012015

Town & Country

My family purchased a 2010 Chrysler Town and country in November 2014. The vehicle seemed to drive normally until sometime at the beginning of 2015 (I can always get exact dates of service) when it began to stall while driving. The stalling typically happens at low speeds ┐ less than 35 mph. It has stalled once in a 40 mph zone, but more often than not it happens on a residential street with a speed limit of 25 mph or less. As the vehicle stalls, the traction control light flashes and the power steering goes out. The car becomes unmanageable, and the only option for the driver is to attempt to pull over, come to a complete stop, place the vehicle in park, and restart. We have taken the car into the dealership a few times and once to an auto repair business unaffiliated with Chrysler. None of the technicians who have seen the car can diagnose the issue. They have tried to remedy the problem, but the repairs that were made were only guesses and did not fix the vehicle. We have another appointment with charlie's on August 1. this was the earliest ┐one of their best technicians┐ could see us. During this time we have also contacted the Chrysler, the manufacturer, to seek guidance. They are not able to provide any other than to tell us to reach out to the attorney general. Additionally, several websites\forums discuss this exact problem. It is not an isolated incident. Here are a few examples: www.chryslerproblems.com/trends/ www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/town_country/2010/engine/engine_stalls_shuts_down_while_driving.shtml www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2011/Chrysler/town+and+country/electrical+system

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jun 222016

Town & Country

Esp warning light continues to come on while the vehicle is in motion. Have taken vehicle for repair multiple times and it still comes on.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 042016

Town & Country

Vehicle stalls without warning, typically when attempting to propel forward from a stop, but has also occurred more rarely at highway speeds. The electronic stability control and electronic throttle lights come on, power steering and brakes are affected as well. Vehicle must be turned off and restarted. Happened frequently prior to the recall fix, stopped for a period of time, and has now resumed worse than ever. So, so dangerous as I desperately fear being rear ended or T-boned if this occurs when pulling out in traffic, particularly when young children are in the vehicle. This seems to be an extremely common concern based on the complaints and needs to be resolved before someone is seriously injured or worse. Brought vehicle to dealer two weeks ago to repair, they could not replicate and no repair was completed. If you're reading this because you have a similar issue, please document it so that we can bring as much attention to this as possible in order to incite action.

- Cloquet, MN, USA

Apr 012016

Town & Country

I bought my 2010 Town and country in June 2015 since having it this incident has happened about 4 or 5 times where I am driving down the street going around 20-30 miles an hr when my esp light will come on and my brakes and steering wheel lock up and the vehicle stalls until I turn the car off and restart it. This is very frustrating and scary when I have children in the car.

- Offutt Afb, NE, USA

Mar 162016

Town & Country

The van stalled while driving down a busy highway. I lost all control and the car shut down. I had no control over speed, steering or brakes. I also could not pull over due to being in center lane. All I could do was coast to a stop and put on flashers. I then put in park and restarted engine.

- Fulton, MS, USA

Mar 022016

Town & Country

Van will unexpectedly become unresponsive while driving. Esp light comes on. No power steering. Brakes hard to push. Loss of control. Very scary. Have to try to pull over. Put in park. Then restart van. All recalls have been preformed. Dealer can not replicate issue. No code for dealer to determin problem. Has been to dealer three times. This issue has occurred 4 times now with no resolution. Very unsafe. Chrysler customer care has been made aware of problem. Can not come up with solution.since they can not replicate. Will not offer to buy back car. Please help

- Concord Twp, OH, USA

Feb 042016

Town & Country

At random intervals while while in motion, either on city streets or the highway, the electrical stability controls fault out, causing the engine to shut off, and the steering wheel and brakes to lock up. The only option is to drift to the side of the road, come to a complete stop, and restart the car. This occurs multiple times throughout the day, though there is no official diagnosis from Chrysler as to the problem. It has experienced the issue for about 3 months and has gotten progressively worse. A separate recall is in effect for 2010 Town & Country cars manufactured during the first part of the year for this problem; however vehicles manufactured from July-December of the same year have no recall, despite exhibiting the same issue. Chrysler has been unhelpful in coordinating restitution for the faulty system, which induces dangerous operating conditions for drivers, especially on the highway. Though my family and I have not yet wrecked, this issue has caused multiple wrecks for others, and accordingly, numerous complaints.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Dec 272015

Town & Country

The electronic stability control comes on for no reason. When driving normally under normal conditions. It comes on and stays on. The car then losses power steering, no power at accelerator, and brakes are engaged. A basic loss of control of vehicle. You have to try to pull over shut off vehicle and then restart. This resets and you can drive normally. This is an extremely unsafe and scary when it happens. Has happened three times. Have taken car to two different Chrysler dealers which find nothing wrong because no trouble code for them to read.. this has happened three times now. My wife is afraid to drive the car.

- Concord, OH, USA

Aug 012015

Town & Country

Since the vehicle had been worked on for a bad intake gasket. Every time I cross any rail road crossings my check engine light illuminates and the car feels as it will stall. I am scared for my family of getting stuck, at least if anything does happen, I will have made this report for others.

- Wantagh, NY, USA

Aug 172015

Town & Country

While pulling out of a parking lot, with my foot on the brake, the vehicle began accelerating. This only lasted a brief second, but the vehicle jerked forward and drove over a parking block and off the curb. Soon thereafter, I began having issues with the headlights. I would turn the light switch to on. The lights flickered for a second, then shut off. I would toggle the light switch and would eventually would get the headlights to turn on. This issue became progressively worse to the point where they would shut off while I was driving. Needless to say, this presented a safety issue. Thankfully, I live only 10 minutes from where I work, and use the fog lights on well lit roadways to get back and forth, but obviously cannot drive the vehicle for long distances or on major highways and interstates during night time hours. While this issue got worse, the radio in the vehicle would unexplainable shut down. When this happens, I hear a sound like wires short circuiting from somewhere inside the dash. The same time the radio goes out, I noticed that the air conditioning, power windows, and door locks would also lose power. After researching all these issues through the internet and Chrysler forums, it seems the logical issue would be the T.I.P.M. ( total integrated power module). I am having the vehicle looked at in the next few days. My only concern is all the complaints regarding this module on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles, and no safety recall had been issued. Thus is clearly a safety concern and should be addressed in a class action law suit.

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 122014

Town & Country

We have had recall done! it did not work. This vehicle is dying for no reason/no warning while driving!!!! we have always had issues starting vehicle for last two years. Put key in and nothing. Switch to neutral and suddenly it starts. Well, now, the newest thing that is happening more and more frequently, is it just stops. Last night, the stability control light came on but nothing else and you have no control over steering or braking. Lights are still on vehicle but until you switch to neutral and restart with key you are gliding. It is not safe and we are taking this vehicle to a dealer that says they are backlogged and don't know when they will get to it. Very scary situation!!!!

- Granite City, IL, USA

Apr 262015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Experienced power steering failure (feeling was complete loss of steering) in following condition. While driving at about 40-45 mph and coming to middle lane for making a left turn approaching red light. ESC light came on. This has happened twice on this vehicle. Road condition: Dry. I am worried that vehicle may loose complete control if this happens at highway driving speed. During both incident, use the key to turn off the ignition and power the vehicle back on and it started functioning as intended. There was no aggressive event or environment condition which should have triggered ESC light upon loss of power steering.

- Troy, MI, USA

Oct 222014

Town & Country 6-cyl

My engine turns of while driving down the road in traffic, losing all power.....my tailgate goes up and down randomly, while parked or driving...can't understand why this doesn't qualify for recall when 600,000 others do. I'm in the same unsafe predicament as they are..

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Apr 022015

Town & Country

As I was running errands all of a sudden the steering wheel froze and my brake pedal and accelerator quit functioning, I noticed my stability control light was on and within about 10 seconds the vehicle just stopped running in the middle of the street, thankfully I had avoided the highway that day, it's usually faster but with it being a pretty day I wasn't in a hurry. It was 80 degrees and sunny, this happened on a paved road no standing water, no hazards. This isn't the first time it has happened, leaving my home it's shut off. But since the ignition switch recall and the replacement being installed I have had nothing but problems, my $250 key had jammed and it takes multiple times of starting and re-starting the van to get it out. Yesterday was my breaking point, had I been on the interstate which is how I usually move about the city it could have been devastating. Fortunately I have a extended warranty plan and the dealer will fix the issue for $100, but it doesn't fix the fact that I have a broken key and ignition switch that something is obviously wrong with it. I've owned 4 Chrysler mini vans and this is the first one that has scared me.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Mar 132015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Van unexpectedly shut down completely. Idle at red stop light, noticed traction control sensor was stuck on even though road conditions were normal, no rain, no snow so didn't think much of it. Seconds past, stop light turned green, went to drive via giving the car gas and nothing happened, brakes weren't being recognized, steering was extremely tight. Realized at that point that the van completely shut down (in drive! ignition on!) was able to coast to the side. Turned ignition to off, restarted. Now afraid to drive because I don't understand what happened. I could have totally been rear ended since this happened so suddenly. I was lucky to not be on a major street or roadway. Now I am getting no answers from Chrysler Corp. I feel its part of this revised L25 recall I seen on NHTSA.

- Elwood, IL, USA

Mar 072015

Town & Country 6-cyl

Driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan full of girl scouts and the engine shutoff without warning. A car came very close to hitting us. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit us.

Feb 282015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and pulled over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.

Feb 032015

Town & Country 6-cyl

As I was driving my kids to school in my Town and country Chrysler minivan the engine shutoff on a main street. I almost got hit by the car behind me as I could not accelerate since the engine shut off. I put on my hazards and glided over in order to put the van in park and restart the van. My kids were with me. We could have been severely injured if the car behind me had hit me.