2010 Chrysler Town & Country steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler Town & Country:

2010 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 312016

Town & Country

My Chrysler Town and country 2010 is suddenly turning of while driving. No one xan find a code whats wrong with

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Sep 082016

Town & Country

Engine will shut off while driving, loss of steering, control and brakes occurs. This is while driving on a city street.

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Aug 242016

Town & Country

2010 Town and country can has been stalling while driving the steering locks as well as the breaks. It usually happens when I'm going between 20 to 35 mph.iit will completely die in the middle of the street and the worst is crossing a busy intersection! I have taken it to several mechanics and unable to find the problem some of them just ignore this dangerous problem. It has shut off in the middle of rush hour with my kids in the van. There has been several Town and country van owners with the same problem. When will Chrysler Corp or anyone going to address this issue before someone gets killed? this has been an on going problem since last year with no help!

- Mountain Home, AR, USA

Jul 012015

Town & Country

My family purchased a 2010 Chrysler Town and country in November 2014. The vehicle seemed to drive normally until sometime at the beginning of 2015 (I can always get exact dates of service) when it began to stall while driving. The stalling typically happens at low speeds ┐ less than 35 mph. It has stalled once in a 40 mph zone, but more often than not it happens on a residential street with a speed limit of 25 mph or less. As the vehicle stalls, the traction control light flashes and the power steering goes out. The car becomes unmanageable, and the only option for the driver is to attempt to pull over, come to a complete stop, place the vehicle in park, and restart. We have taken the car into the dealership a few times and once to an auto repair business unaffiliated with Chrysler. None of the technicians who have seen the car can diagnose the issue. They have tried to remedy the problem, but the repairs that were made were only guesses and did not fix the vehicle. We have another appointment with charlie's on August 1. this was the earliest ┐one of their best technicians┐ could see us. During this time we have also contacted the Chrysler, the manufacturer, to seek guidance. They are not able to provide any other than to tell us to reach out to the attorney general. Additionally, several websites\forums discuss this exact problem. It is not an isolated incident. Here are a few examples: www.chryslerproblems.com/trends/ www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/town_country/2010/engine/engine_stalls_shuts_down_while_driving.shtml www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2011/Chrysler/town+and+country/electrical+system

- Toledo, OH, USA

Feb 152016

Town & Country

I took my van in for a simple valve change because it was using a lot of oil on 2/15/16. A week and a half later I received my van back and it stalled in front of a tractor trailer truck. Van was returned to the dealership and they claimed to repair /install new gas pump, egr valve, gaskets, crank sensors etc. I received my van back on 4/2 claiming everything was repaired. The van was no longer stalling. On 4/3 while driving on the parkway, in heavy traffic my brakes, steering wheel locked and van shut off while driving. Just missed going over the guard rail. Again took th van back to the dealership, contacted Chrysler customer service which made the dealership owner very irate. My van was in the dealership from 2/15 to June. I got the run around about we are doing everything to repair your vehicle. Guess what, it is still not repaired the van continuously stall anytime you made a hard turn. It was at the point of no return. The longer the dealership had it the worse the van got. Meanwhile all of this extra stress is starting to affect my health. I paid for a $42,000 van and even Chrysler has no idea of how to fix it. I got fed up in June and asked to have the van returned back to me. After more than 3 months they were ever so happy to return the vehicle back to me. As of now I still don't have all the receipts of exactly what was done to the van. All I know is that I would never buy another Chrysler again because of the treatment received and their uncaring attitude about the safety of the vehicle. At this point I found out that I am not the only one with this stalling issue. I feel Chrysler is aware of it and don't know how to go about correcting it. The vehicle was in the dealership at the time on 2/15 for a recall for the ignition node(R03). I don't know if the recall initiated all the action or incompetence. I have towing receipts in excess of 100 miles.

- Monticello, NY, USA

Jul 042016

Town & Country

While driving vehicle we have lost power steering and all controls to vehicle on 5 occasions. This commonly occurs after hitting bump in road. Symptoms of vehicle match up exactly to NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000, this is an expansion of recall 11V-139 (the engine will turn off, which will then depower various key safety systems including but not limited to air bags, power steering, and power braking), however Chrysler says my vehicle is not included in this recall. My vehicle was manufactured several months after the vehicles included in that recall. I believe my vehicle is also affected.

- Holly, MI, USA

Dec 142015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact mentioned that the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver and the brake pedal required much more force to be depressed. The contact pulled to the roadside and was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not found. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 92,048.

- Gaylord, MI, USA

Jan 042016

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. In addition, the engine and the traction control warning lights illuminated. The contact also stated that the steering wheel seized. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 99,000.

- Frankfort, IL, USA

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled and the power steering and brakes malfunctioned. The contact mentioned that the antilock brake warning light illuminated. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate and diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Hudson, OH, USA

Mar 162016

Town & Country

The van stalled while driving down a busy highway. I lost all control and the car shut down. I had no control over speed, steering or brakes. I also could not pull over due to being in center lane. All I could do was coast to a stop and put on flashers. I then put in park and restarted engine.

- Fulton, MS, USA

Jan 272016

Town & Country

The van will have the ignition cut off and the steering and brakes get hard to operate. This usually happens when turning and you have to put van in neutral while trying to avoid traffic and restart it.this has happened about 7 or more times already. Chrysler has a recall on this till manufacture date of 6/17 mine was made 9/10. And they say no recall to date for mine.I don't feel I should have to pay for there deffects.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Jan 082016

Town & Country

Vehicle stalled (highly dangerous, loss of power steering at high speeds): 2nd time in less than 1 week vehicle has stalled while driving in motion on highway between speeds of 25mph (1st time) and 45 mph (2nd time). No turns involved. Weather conditions were favorable with no rain or inclement weather, both were at night 7-8pm timeframe @ approx 50 degrees F outside air temp both times. Vehicle is a 2010 Chrysler tc with 4.0 liter engine. 119,875 miles when it happened a second time. 1st time esp light came on, cannot confirm this occurred the 2nd time. No prior indications, no prior reported problems that I am aware of. Second owner, purchased car under warranty @ approx. 44,000 miles. Very hard to understand how this has not been diagnosed given the amount of complaints. I am an experienced mechanic in the aviation field, had this been an aircraft, the fleet would be grounded.

- Richmond, KY, USA

Dec 272015

Town & Country

The electronic stability control comes on for no reason. When driving normally under normal conditions. It comes on and stays on. The car then losses power steering, no power at accelerator, and brakes are engaged. A basic loss of control of vehicle. You have to try to pull over shut off vehicle and then restart. This resets and you can drive normally. This is an extremely unsafe and scary when it happens. Has happened three times. Have taken car to two different Chrysler dealers which find nothing wrong because no trouble code for them to read.. this has happened three times now. My wife is afraid to drive the car.

- Concord, OH, USA

Jan 022016

Town & Country

Driving down the road at approximately 20 mph attempting to make a left turn, car stalled, losing power steering and brakes. Would not re-start after incident. Key also does not return to "on" position after attempting to start vehicle, stays in start position.

- Blue Point, NY, USA

Dec 162015

Town & Country

I was driving about 50 mph on a straightaway (city street) when I noticed the speed reducing. Then, I noticed cruise control had turned off and the esp light turned on. Power steering then was gone and power brakes. I steered to the side of the road and turned off and restarted the car. All was fine after restarting. At the time of the car shutting down, all lights and the radio were working fine. Note: The previous recall of 14V373000 does not apply to this van as it was manufactured in August of 2010. My theory is that the ignition switch failure that was cited in the above stated recall applies to not just vehicles manufactured before June 2010 but applies to this vehicle, as well. This was the third incidence.

- Durham, NC, USA

Oct 262015

Town & Country

The vehicle (2010 Town & Country) suddenly shuts down when running but usually turns on after simply pushing in (not turning) the ignition key. The vehicle is currently not covered under Chrysler's recall R03 (win module), since it was manufactured after the cutoff date (June 18. 2010). Vehicle is unsafe to use, since vehicle suddenly losses airbags, brakes, steering and power. Vehicle is now suddenly shutting off a lot more often.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Oct 122015

Town & Country

The van ran out of oil. It was completely dry. No warning signs came on. No leaks. No smoke for the exhaust. One day it began to knock real bad and still no oil light was on. Now the van needs a new engine. This shouldn't of happened to a 2010 model with only 65K miles on it.

- Washington, MI, USA

Town & Country

While driving the vehicle the engine turns off and there is a loss of brakes, steering and engine.

- Aliquippa, PA, USA

Town & Country

Was driving our 2010 Chrysler Town and country straight down the road in our housing plan when the engine shut off. All of the electronics in the car still operated but, there was no power steering or brakes. Had to coast the vehicle to the side of the road to stop. The vehicle ended up stopping on a hill but, without the brakes it started to drift backwards. At this point the emergency brake was pushed to get the vehicle to stop. This happened the very next day as well. Luckily we were not driving down the highway as my 3 children in the vehicle. This could be deadly if driving at 60 mph down the highway.

- Aliquippa, PA, USA

Sep 282015

Town & Country

Driving vehicle in residential neighborhood at 35 mph, dash displayed the loss of traction warning light. I noticed, too, that the accelerator pedal wasn't working and apparently the entire engine completely shut off. All electrical components still worked including radio, navigation system, etc. I completely lost the ability to steer the vehicle as well. Had to put on my hazards. Stop. Put the vehicle in park. Turn the vehicle off. Turn it back on and it would run again.

- Keller, TX, USA