2014 Chrysler Town & Country engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country:

2014 Chrysler Town & Country Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 282016

Town & Country

While driving on the hwy suddenly I felt the steering very hard and I am losing speed. I pulled to the side of the hwy which was very hard, hard to stop (no brakes). I asked my mechanic and he told me to put in park or neutral and start the car, after it happened 2 more time, so two weeks after the last one I took it to the dealer but he could not replicate the problem. No repairs made and I am very scared to drive.

- Miami, FM, USA

Apr 292014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle shifted into third gear as indicated on the instrument panel. In addition, the rpms increased. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000.

- Brasher Falls, NY, USA

Mar 132016

Town & Country

I was at a crawl letting pedestrians cross the road at church and the engine completely shut off. Had to put it in park and restart it. Ran fine. About 5 miles later, came to a stop light and same thing happened again. I have read many issues with this happening higher rates of speed and I'm worried because my wife and 1 year old drive this vehicle 75 miles 5 days a week.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Jan 262016

Town & Country

When driving the van stalls, losing control and wheel locking up. I have to put the van in park to restart. This has been happening since Nov 2015. The current mileage is 29,000 miles. The van has been taken to the dealership for diagnosis and repair twice. The first trip resulted in no codes since they had been overwritten and the problem hadn't occurred in a reasonable time. The dealer placed a device in the car to take a snapshot when it happens. It happened and the codes P0016. The dealer replaced cam phasers-bank 1 (rear head). Then the car was ready for pickup and my wife didn't even make it out of the parking lot before stalling again. According to the repair statement dated on Jan 18,2016, nothing else had been accomplished. The dealer had been working with star technician support center to resolve this issue. My wife then stalled again this morning on Jan 26, 2016. This matter is very serious and should be handled before a life is lost driving. According to other complaints, there are 7 around the same mileage of the same make and model year of this van.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Jan 212016

Town & Country

I had a oil change. 6 days later I found oil on my garage floor. One day before no oil. Took van to dealer and was told oil cooler leaking. Had to add 2 quarts of oil to make it dealer. No warning lights of low oil. Oil came out real fast. Lucky to watch for problems. Only 28,000 miles. 2014 Town & Country van 12/07/13 delivery date.

- New Lenox, IL, USA

Dec 202015

Town & Country

The vehicle stalled unexpectedly while driving. Had to come to a complete stop and put vehicle in park to restart. Very dangerous condition for someone without the strength to operate the steering and brakes with no power assist. Will be taking vehicle to dealership to document problem. Vehicle has only 28000 miles on it. Vehicle did not indicate any service engine codes.

- Hernando, FL, USA

Apr 152015

Town & Country

My 2014 Chrysler Town and country shut off while I was which resulted the steering locking up, and giving me no control.to stop or control the car;. it has happened on 3 different occasions with my wife and child in the car as well as myself driving.this is very dangerous and I am very worried it is going to cause my wife and my children to be in an accident. Something needs to be done about this, it is a very serious problem!

- Chesterfield Twsp, MI, USA

Nov 242015

Town & Country

Vehicle will randomly shut off while driving or idling. Has happend about 8 times in last 4 months. Have to coast to road side, put care in park and restart. Engine shuts down, electrical turns off for a second.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Aug 212014

Town & Country

My 2014 Chrysler Town and country shuts off while I am driving and the steering locks up. It has happened on 3 different occasions. After it happened the first time, I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle and didn't know why it happened. It has happened 2 more time. It is currently at the dealer being checked again. Every time it happens I am driving and the car is in motion. This is very dangerous and I am very worried it is going to cause me and my children to be in an accident. Something needs to be done about this, it is a very serious problem!

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jul 172015

Town & Country 6-cyl

I was driving through a water puddle on a two lane city street when the backwash of water from a truck in front entered my engine through the air intake ducting and caused the engine to lock up (hydrolocked) disabling my car and leaving it inoperable. This immobile situation exposed my wife and I to a possible collision as cars passed us. I had to have the vehicle towed from the site. Later evaluation by a local manufacturer's dealer revealed that the engine would not turn over and needed replaced with an estimate to repair of $9,280. I believe this incident was caused by a faulty design where the engine air intake duct opening is too close to ground level. The consumers comprehensive insurance coverage covered the damaged and advised the dealer, to locate a used engine. After the engine was installed, the vehicle would not start. It was determined the starter also had water damaged and required replacement. Updated 11/17/15.

- Deland, FL, USA

Aug 202015

Town & Country

Remote start system starts up on it's own. Vehicle will run for hours or days on it's own. Vehicle will start on it's own with the doors unlocked or open. Vehicle will start without the key on my person or near the vehicle. Cannot get an explanation from a dealer, nor an anticipated resolution.

- Quartz Hill, CA, USA

Aug 162015

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 15 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. In addition, the contact mentioned that the check tire pressure warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 29,000.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Aug 152014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. While driving at approximately 65 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact mentioned that a tractor trailer missed the vehicle by approximately 12 inches. The vehicle was restarted and the failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the pistons blew out the transmission. The manufacturer was notified of the failure the failure mileage was approximately 42,000.

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

May 152015

Town & Country

The vehicle's engine light came on while driving. It began to loose power, shake, and sputter. It felt like it was going to cut off at the speed of 43mph. I took it to the dealer on 5/16/15, they indicated that there was a code that indicated that there was a misfire and that they had cleared it. I drove the car home and the engine light came back on and the problems resumed. I returned to the dealership where they indicated that they asked if I was aware that they needed to "take the engine a part"? I stated that they needed to do what was necessary to fix my vehicle. The service representative also indicated that my vehicle was out of warranty but because I purchased an extended warranty I should be covered. I am unclear as to why I would have engine problems in a vehicle at 57K miles, this should also be a power train issue which would mean that my vehicle should be covered for 100K miles. Currently I am still waiting on the dealership to contact me regarding the status of my vehicle however I am disappointed that I am having these problems and have been without transportation for three days.

- Forestville, MD, USA

Apr 102015

Town & Country 6-cyl

On the keyless start system there is no warning that the engine is running when you open the door. The door can be locked and you walk away with the very quiet engine running. Had this happened with the vehicle parked in my garage the house would fill with carbon monoxide and someone could die.

- Canton, OH, USA

Oct 012014

Town & Country 6-cyl

I bought a 2014 Chrysler Town and country in August 2014. I took the van in for a squealing noise 20 days after I bought the vehicle sat there for an hour at the dealership and then they come to tell me they could not hear the noise. The van stop making the noise in October 2014 however it almost cost me and children our lives. We were driving down a very busy highway where we live and the engine stalled and just quit lost all power I was able to get out of the road thank goodness or we would have been smashed because it was 8:00 a.M. work traffic. I then called the dealership right away and made an appointment to bring the van in to have it seen about. I took the van in and was called a few days later and they told me they could not duplicate the issue very frustrating. My van has stalled several more times after that and has been at the dealership for 3 weeks now and they still say they cannot find the issue. Also, I was in the parking lot of a store and turned into a parking place and the engine just shut off it took several minutes for it to start back up. I have contacted Chrysler on this matter and they go with what the service department says and if they cannot duplicate the issue they tell me to come get it. I am now going to turn this over to the lemon law department because I do not feel safe in this vehicle that was purchased new and only has 7,000 miles on it. Not to mention this is the second brand new vehicle I have purchased from this place and the first one the transmission went out at 6,000 miles. I need some help someone please advise me on what I need to do. Also, I have wrote a letter to Chrysler stating the problems I am having and certified mailed it and the only response I got was I will send to someone else.

- Burnsville, MS, USA

Dec 132014

Town & Country 6-cyl

The accelerator jammed at full throttle as we were making a right turn. There was nothing depressing the accelerator, but the engine was racing at full speed. The light was red, so I was forced to used the brakes to keep from hitting the car stopped at the light in front of us. The brakes weren't going to hold the vehicle back for long, so I shifted into neutral and turned off the engine. When I turned it back on the accelerator was still stuck at full throttle. Only after turning it off a second time, completely removing the key from the ignition, waiting for all the lights on the control panel to dim, and restarting it did the accelerator return to normal. Chrysler insists that it was the floor mat depressing the accelerator, but there wasn't anything in the way of or jamming the pedal at all. It was free and clear. The vehicle smelled very hot and a red lightning bolt immediately flashed with and oil change due now indicator.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Nov 172014

Town & Country 6-cyl

Vehicle was purchased brand new from dealer with 199 miles on odometer as it was delivered from another dealership. First time driving vehicle from dealership to home approx 100 miles a loud clanking noise was heard at low speeds during initial acceleration and deceleration. We took the vehicle back to dealer the next day for repair. They found that the engine was missing motor mount bolts. It appeared they were never installed at factory.

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Aug 272014

Town & Country

I had park the van so I could get some gas. I got out to paid for the gas and spoke to the attendant for a few minutes. Walking back to the van where I left it by the gas pump the van was rolling into a 2004 Ford Explorer. I couldn't believe what had happen. Well of course I call local police and I got a ticket and I wasn't in the van. This was a renter van, went the next day told them what had happen. The agent informed me that it would be taking in for service. Well here it is middle of Oct. And have not heard anything about why the van roll by itself. The only thing got was a bill and it is paid. Please look into this matter and see if you could solve this matter.

- Williamston, NC, USA

Sep 282014

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated while driving approximately 15 mph, the engine stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The mechanic was unable to locate a failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 7,493.

- Villas, NJ, USA