- November 28: Ford Tosses Takata, Toyota Recalls Takata Airbags
- November 23: Ford Recalls 452,000 Cars To Fix Gas Tank Leaks
- November 21: Ford Recalls E-350 and E-450 For Trailer Brake Problems
- October 28: Ford Recalls 131,000 Vehicles, Mostly SUVs For Fire Risk
- October 20: Ford F-150 Electric Brake Vacuum Pump Investigation Upgraded
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- abs light comes on10
- ABS and 4wd lights come on1
- brake line rotted, busted and brakes failed1
- brakes stopped working1
- premature rotor wear1
- vibrates when braking1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes27
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic12
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control7
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...4
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Pads 1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Rotor1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Power Assist: Vacuum1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.