- April 24: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars After 658 Door Latch Complaints
- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
2005 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Escape has problems where the engine shuts down while driving. Ford finally issued a September 2014 recall. Time will tell if the recall fix really solves the problem.
However the 2005 Escape also has a defect where the PCM (Power Control Module) fries at around 100k miles. Ford extended the PCM warranty to 80,000 miles, but only after most owners were past the mileage limit. Now owners are on the hook for the average repair cost of over $2,000 (!!)
Worst 2005 Escape brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- abs light comes on10
- brake line rotted, busted and brakes failed1
- brakes stopped working1
- premature rotor wear1
- vibrates when braking1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock3
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...2
- NHTSA: Parking Brake1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Pads 1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Rotor1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Antilock: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Pedals And Linkages1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Power Assist: Vacuum1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.