2010 Ford Escape electrical problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Aug 142013

Escape 6-cyl

I was driving on the interstate at a speed of 75mph when all of a sudden I lost all power to the drive train and the RPM went down to 900. I was traveling in the left lane on the interstate and had to make my way across all three lanes of traffic with no power.

- Temple, TX, USA

Aug 112013

Escape

As I am driving the vehicle I loose all power and acceleration without warning of any kind. Diagnostic code reads a P 2111 (throttle control system stuck open) this has happened several times and I have been in heavy traffic what it has. Luck I wasn't killed by a semi. As I said it looses power and acceleration and stalls out I have looked around online and there are several complaints out there but no recall for it. Why is this? if there are so many of these vehicles having identical problems that the part to that needs to be replaced is on back order nation wide then there is a manufacturing defect not a part failure do to use. What is up with this.

- Claryville, NY, USA

Aug 092013

Escape 4-cyl

Under power, the engine looses power and enters "limp home mode", idling with minimal power.

- Cecil, AL, USA

Aug 062013

Escape

Vehicle has the same throttle body condition as other failed units. Code P2111.

- Coweta, OK, USA

Aug 032013

Escape 4-cyl

Vehicle was traveling on highway when the vehicle shook and started to stall and shut off at 55 mph. The vehicle slowed down and the engine light and wrench light illuminated. Vehicle was shuttering and slowing down with the engine cutting out. I immediately attempted to get off the road in order to not have a rear end accident with any speeding vehicles traveling behind the car. Once car was shut off, vehicle had a clicking noise when turning the car over to start, then restarted to a normal condition. At 45 mph on a city street, 3 days later the same stall and engine cut out occurred.

- Fort Rucker, AL, USA

May 302013

Escape 4-cyl

While driving my 2010 Ford Escape it would occasionally go into a limp mode causing me to pull over on the highway and turn off the car and attempt to restart. There is no telling when it would happen as it was intermittent.

- West Palm Beach , FL, USA

Jul 282013

Escape 6-cyl

While making a right turn in my 2010 Ford Escape the car loss all acceleration. The next morning it happened twice more. My mechanic took the car & attached to the computer and the code P2112 appeared. He cleaned the throttle body and took a test drive. It lost acceleration 10 more times. This is a disgrace and the part must be recalled by the Ford Motor Company!

- Lynbrook, NY, USA

Jul 242013

Escape 6-cyl

My husband was driving out of a parking lot when all of a sudden the orange wrench light came on. The car started to decrease in acceleration even though his foot was on the gas pedal. He then applied pressure to the brakes to pull over to the side and the car pulsed to a stop. He put the car in park and shut it off. When trying to restart the car would not turn over right away, and took at least 5 seconds or more for it to start. Since this issue has occurred, it has happened 7 more times in a matter of 5 days. Luckily this happened while my husband was driving my car and he continues to drive it until we get it fixed. I primarily drive this car 99% of the time and I am 7 months pregnant. I can't even imagine what I would do if this happened to me on the highway or in the middle of a busy intersection. We are very lucky that no one got hurt during these instances. I can't believe Ford has not done a major recall on this issue. My sister in-law had the same issues with her 2009 Escape and just recently had her throttle body replaced as well. The lack of caring about its customers will definitely make me rethink about ever buying a Ford again.

- Canton, MI, USA

Escape

When driving, the wrench light would come and the engine would stall. The gas medal goes limp and you cant give it gas. I had to pull over and turn it off than back on it began to work. It has been doing it for a week and then I got a diagnostic and code P2112 came up. It said that the throttle actuator control system stuck closed.

- Beaufort , SC, USA

Jul 022013

Escape 4-cyl

While driving my vehicle lost acceleration and then began to shake the wrench and engine lights came on. Recently went to a shop and the issue is because of a part called throttle body.

- Forestville, MD, USA

Jul 012013

Escape 4-cyl

While driving at a constant speed of approximately 35 mph, vehicle suddenly stalled without warning or hesitation. I coasted to a stop in a nearby parking lot (luckily!), turned ignition off and vehicle restarted and ran with no problems for almost two weeks. On Saturday, July 13th while driving in a similar situation, the vehicle again stalled and would not restart until I coasted to a stop on the side of the road and turned the ignition off. Since then the vehicle has done this about a half dozen times but not always by just stalling. The vehicle has also went into 'limp home' mode on at least one occasion when my son was driving and he was lucky enough to be close to a friend's house where it sat overnight. When we started it the next time it ran like it was misfiring very badly, so we turned the ignition off and tapped on the throttle body with the handle of a screwdriver. It then started and idled normally and we were able to drive it about three miles home. It also has sputtered erratically similar to a very bad repeated misfiring until stopping and turning the ignition off. It did this twice within a quarter mile and then ran fine for over 15 miles that I drove it to the Ford dealership who wanted $107 dollars to diagnose a problem that I am fairly certain I already had figured out. The dealership said their 'specially trained' technicians may find a different cause than the P2111 code I had read with a scanner from a local auto parts store suggested. I have found out that this problem was supposed addressed by Ford thinking that there was a printed circuit board problem in the electronic throttle body. However, this vehicle was manufactured in March of 2010, after the October 15th, 2009 date they had started using the new part.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Jul 192013

Escape 4-cyl

I was driving to work and my car started to jerk. Then my power train light came on and my car totally stopped on me in the middle of the road. I took it to the shop that day and the told me it was my throttle body. My warranty didn't cover it, so I had to pay over 300 dollars for a new part.

- Whitwell, TN, USA

Escape 4-cyl

My vehicle has been running great until the last week. Three times in the span of an hour drive from one location to my house my vehicle has begun to shake and then quit running. Two of the three times we were driving 65mph on a busy freeway and were unable to control the vehicle, having to allow the car to idle to a stop on the shoulder. Thankfully we were able to do so safely. We drove the vehicle to our dealership for inspection today and the car shook, as if ready to shut down again, the entire trip. I received a call saying the electronic throttle body needs to be replaced. I have since seen several similar safety complaints regarding the same engine part and have requested the original part be returned to me. My vehicle is only three years old and in good condition, and it is entirely unsafe for a car to unexpectedly quit running, period.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 172013

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

The vehicle has been diagnosed with a throttle bar issue by a Ford dealer. We have been waiting for 30+ days for a new throttle body part. From the time of the first incident in April, the vehicle has stopped running while driving and has been having electrical issues upon start up about a half dozen times including today. Rather than enter a complaint for each incident because we can not recall the exact dates, we are submitting this complaint to cover all incidents. We have been told the part is back ordered and there is no estimated date of delivery. We have not experienced a surge in speed as of yet. Is this vehicle safe for us to be driving?

May 072013

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

While driving approx 55mph the vehicle shut down. Had to pull over and restart vehicle twice before it would move.

Apr 242013

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

Started vehicle nothing electrical would work. Turned vehicle off and restarted twice before everything was working again.

Escape

I was traveling approximately 35-40 mph when my car stalled, but not shutting off and the RPM fluttering between 1000-2000 RPM. My accelerator pedal would not allow me to press it to increase RPM or mph. Next my check engine light came one and the wrench symbol as well. I call my local Ford dealership/service and he explained it to be the accelerator throttle body and there is a national back order for this part. If this is the case there should be a national recall from the government or Ford about this problem.

- Claymont, DE, USA

Nov 132012

Escape 6-cyl

Throttle body failure. From Nov 2012 until July 2013 my Ford Escape has been bucking and surging at low speeds with no throttle response. Occasionally, the vehicle would die completely unresponsive in the middle of an intersection. On July 11, 2013, my wife took our 2010 Ford Escape to ernest mccarty Ford in alabaster, al. They told us that the throttle body assembly would need to be replaced. This issue is very dangerous and should Ford should issue a recall.

- Helena, AL, USA

Jun 272012

Escape 6-cyl

While my wife was driving within city limits the car suddenly would not accelerate and simply stopped. She was able to drive it to a dealer because she was able to pull over to the side of the road and turn the car off and on again. It would work for a few miles at most and stop again. Very dangerous problem. This problem first happened in may, but we took it to a mechanic and he told us it was likely the electronic throttle body, but it was functioning at the time we took it in. Finally on June 27, the car was simply not operating. We were told this problem was not a power train function and therefore not covered by warranty. We have read about many other people experiencing the same problem. We are grateful that she was not on the highway at the time. Please investigate this problem!

- Westlake, OH, USA

Jul 012013

Escape 6-cyl

On 7/1/2013, I was driving my Ford Escape 2010 on the highway 50-55 mph and felt the car shift and then the accelerator failed. The car limped onto the shoulder and the wrench light was illuminated. It was towed to the dealer for repair. Technician was not available to diagnose until day 2 then told it was full body throttle electrical component and part is on back order. Still waiting for the part a week later with no end to the wait in sight. 36 month warranty ended May 21, 2013. Dealer did not offer a loaner car and after repeatedly requesting one they say they have none available. Service manager said five other cars are waiting for the part at their dealership. I mentioned that I read about the investigation on the internet and they said they will file a report with Ford corporate. As of today, 7/9 the report had not been filed. I am very frustrated with the dealership service personnel. They are not forthcoming with information. I have had to call them numerous times because they are not returning calls.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA