2010 Ford Escape fuel system problems

2010 Ford Escape Owner Comments (Page 11 of 16)

Jul 012013

Escape 6-cyl

Accelerated to merge into traffic and my 2010 Ford Escape started to act like it was going to stall when I pressed on the gas pedal. Ever time I tried to accelerate it felt like it was "choking" and wanted to stall. I had to put the vehicle in neutral and press on the gas to keep it from stalling. I had my vehicle towed to the dealership and was told that the throttle body needed to be replaced. In addition to the fact the throttle body needs to be replaced I am now being told there is a nationwide back order on the part and I will not get the repair completed for 2-3 weeks. I am 1-1/2 months passed warranty with only 26,000 miles and neither Ford nor the dealership will loan me a vehicle while my car sits at the dealership nor will this even be considered warranty work.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Jun 282013

Escape

On going problem with truck losing power on the highway at speeds up to 60mph then no power. Finally truck totally stalled out unable to keep running. Now I found out the part is not under warranty even though it is obviously defected----------cost----out of pocket $569 plus car rental------perfect!!!!!!! I will never own another Ford---fix or repair daily!!!!

- Millsboro, DE, USA

Jun 182013

Escape 6-cyl

Driving in town and vehicle would not accelerate. Turned off engine and restarted. Vehicle ran fine for only a few blocks and had to restart again. Next day the vehicle would only go about 1 block before we had to restart it. It needs a new electronic throttle body and no parts are available. There is a national backorder per Ford parts department.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Jun 172013

Escape 6-cyl

Driving around 65mph and the car suddenly shuts off and the check engine light came on, loss of all power all I could do was try to make my way from the fast lane over to the shoulder, drifted to the side of the road and turned the car off and it restarted after a few minutes and drove fine all the way home, a few days later it did the same thing, cut off while doing around 60mph again in the fast lane I had to try and get over through 4 lanes of traffic with cars blowing by me at over 80mph to get to the shoulder, this is going to get someone killed. I called Ford and they know of the issue, seems the issue is so bad the part thats the cause of the problem (the throttle body) is on back order, you have been investigating since Feb. Why has this not been recalled yet?

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Jun 142013

Escape 6-cyl

We where traveling northbound on I675 traveling at 70 mph when the vehicle started to lose speed went into limp mold.

- Englewood, OH, USA

Jun 012013

No throttle response.

- Hamilton , NJ, USA

Jun 072013

Escape

Wrench light came on while driving car and barely had enough rpms to get off road. Had to pull battery cable off to get car to move. This happened three times to get the car 20 miles to home then trailered to Ford dealer. Said it was a bad TB. The car has also stalled at 0mph and sometimes surges. One time this winter the car surged causing it to hit my tractor and busted bumper cover and fog lamp.

- Mt Perry, OH, USA

Jun 262013

Escape 6-cyl

6/26/13 - driving in the right lane on interstate 81 in Pennsylvania at approximately 65 miles per hour and engine completely lost power. A large truck was behind me and I immediately put my four way flashers on. Luckily there were no vehicles in the left lane and the truck changed lanes. Additional vehicles were coming upon my vehicle quickly so I pulled over on the berm at about 40 mph and applied the brakes and stopped. Turned off the car and restarted and problem went away and continued on trip. Problem happened again the next day 6/27/13 driving on interstate 81 at approximately 65 mph. Same problem where engine completely lost power. I put on my four way flashers and approaching traffic started moving to the left lane. Pulled over to the berm and shut the car off. Restarted and tried to pull out. Problem happened again. Shutoff and restarted and was then able to pull out and finish trip. This is the fourth time in less than a month that this has occurred. After the first time I contacted Ford and ordered a new throttle body. Part is on back order and keep being told next week. Ford made me give them a credit card to order the part and has charged my account but has not given me the part.

- Carlisle, PA, USA

Jun 212013

Escape 6-cyl

Driving on interstate I-95 car stopped accelerating and engine went to idle speed - barely managed to avoid getting hit by other cars on highway and limped home at approx 5 mph - vehicle was checked by bonell Ford in winchester MA. Ford has indicated that the parts for repair are on national backorder note that the Ford dealer I purchased this car from bonell Ford in winchester MA. Has 3 other Ford Escape's waiting for the same parts - this is a serious safety issue and this vehicle should be recalled before someone is killed.

- Reading, MA, USA

Jun 242013

Escape 6-cyl

Car stalled at 35 mph and I became stuck on the road in traffic. The check engine light came on. The engine was idling low and the throttle pedal would not move the car. I got towed to a Ford dealer who said the electronic throttle assembly failed. The part is out of stock nation wide and one customer they have has been waiting for 2 months for a throttle body. I called 5 dealers for part availability and they are out too and have customers waiting for a part.

- Dexter, MI, USA

Jun 242013

Escape 6-cyl

I was preparing for a stop light in heavy traffic when my vehicle speed to stall and shake. All ability to accelerate was gone. As I braked the shaking became worse. I was finally able to pull on to a side-road and put the vehicle in park, which made the shake become worse. I cut the vehicle off, waited one minute, turned it on, and it seemed to be fine. I accelerated for approximately 200 ft and the event repeated itself. This cycle continued until I was able to drift into a midas shop approximately 1/8th of a mile from the onset of the incident. The mechanic performed a diagnostic and reported the throttle body was damaged. The Ford Escape did not exhibit any symptoms or warning signs prior to this incident.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

May 292013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving in neighborhood at approx. 15mph, engine stalled and orange wrench light came on. Pulled over to side of street, shut down engine and then restarted. Engine ran fine for another 2 weeks and then same event occurred with wife driving. One week later, did same thing while I was driving. Ford dealer has car now and says they are waiting for a throttle body. Car has been in shop for over 1 week so far.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 232013

Escape

For the last couple of weeks while at stop lights or when the car was just idling I notice the car would shake/sputter/hesitate, like it was not getting enough fuel to the engine to idle, every once in a while but it did not stall out completely it would recover. Then while driving home on June 23, 2013 at 40mph I took my foot off of the gas pedal for a second to begin to slow down as I was approaching a red light, however, the light changed before I got to the intersection and then the car made a shutter/thud not a loud sound but you knew something has just happened, I thought maybe my transmission had just gone out because when I was pressed on the gas pedal it did not respond. I pushed the pedal all the way to the floor but nothing happened. I could not tell if the car really stalled out it seemed more like the gas pedal was just not responding. I lost speed rapidly and coasted into a parking lot. The first time I restarted the car the gas pedal still did not work but the car did go into gear so I thought it must not be the transmission. The second time I restarted the car I gave the gas pedal a couple of pumps before putting into gear to make sure it was responding that worked and I made it home. The car did hesitate and sputter when I was sitting still at the lights so I would put it in park and rev the engine until the light changed. I took the car to a Ford dealership the next day and they informed me that the throttle body needs to be replaced and of course that is an out of pocket expense as my warranty is expired. How many of these complaint have to be filed before Ford has to admit this is there fault for putting faulty throttle bodies in these cars and issues a recall ?

- La Vista, NE, USA

Jun 112012

Escape

Driving 60mph on highway when Ford Escape bucked, slowed, did not accelerate when gas was applied. Pulled to side of road where engine sputtered and died. Restarted truck, drove another 10 miles when same occurred. This has occurred numerous times over the past two years. I assumed I had bought gas with water in it "bad gas". several times I have used a product to remove water from the gas, this only works sometimes. I have an appointment with Ford on July 5th, I believe its another problem with the ecoboost engine in my SUV. Ford should recall this engine before a fatality occurs, I have visions of someone plowing into the back of my vehicle while my engine stalls unexpectedly.

- Millsboro, DE, USA

Jun 142013

Escape

For a couple weeks previous to the final incident, while coming to a stop, the car would stutter then turn off...one time while driving 80mph on the highway. The final time I was pulling out of a gas station and the car started stuttering, then shut off in the middle of the intersection with just enough power to get to a turn-off. The check engine light came on and the yellow wrench. The car would not start for approximately 45 min. I was able to make it around the corner from the Ford dealership and pushed it the remaining way. Ford is saying it is a throttle body issue and the part is on an emergency nationwide backorder which may take 3 weeks to 6 months to get the part...and it's not covered under warranty because it is considered 'normal wear and tear, ' according to Ford. I am about to make my fourth, yes, fourth payment on the Escape.

- Middletown, OH, USA

Jun 082013

Escape 6-cyl

Driving along highway at 55 mph. Suddenly, could no longer accelerate, despite engine still running at rough idle. Had to drift to side of road. Had no throttle response. To continue, we had to shut down engine. We restarted the engine, and proceeded down the highway. The symptom repeated itself several times while driving to the car dealer. We took it there because we feared for our safety. Our vehicle has been on a waiting list for a replacement part for over a week. This malfunction should be treated as an urgent situation, and a recall should be mandatory. Someone is going to get seriously injured.

- Crofton, MD, USA

May 162013

Escape 6-cyl

On multiple occasions my 2010 Ford Escape stalled while driving. Vehicle was unresponsive when pressing on the gas pedal and required a restart in order to temporarily correct the issue. In all instances, I was in the middle of traffic and struggled to make my way to the shoulder to avoid an accident or injury to myself and others. Upon further investigation from local Ford dealer, I was informed that the throttle body was defective and causing the vehicle to stall. Dealer stated that the throttle body was only covered under warranty through 36K miles.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Sep 192012

Escape 6-cyl

While driving at highway speeds the engine revs up and losses power to the transmission as if it was out of gear. It also has happened and standing, I need to shut off the motor and reset it as to speak. The Ford dealer has said that it is a throttle body issue, but I am scared to drive it down the highway for fear that I may be rear ended. I have found that there is a current investigation under way for throttle body failures and there is a current national back order on them.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Apr 242013

Escape 6-cyl

While at speed or slower driving the engine suddenly looses all power. Normally it will continue to run (idle), but will not accelerate at all, leaving driver and occupants only able to coast to a place of safety if car is moving. In a crossing traffic situation, this could be deadly. My spouse and I have had several incidents like this and the dealer has identified the problem as a faulty throttle body. However, there has been a national back order on these, as evidently lots of these cars have this problem. Parts are not available for 2 to 4 weeks or longer and the vehicle is absolutely unsafe to drive in this condition. Ford customer service (detroit) says the part in question is supplied by a vendor and they are unable to keep up with demand, but Ford offers no assistance in temporary replacement vehicle or with the expense of replacing the part (my vehicle is out of warranty by 45 days even though by miles would still be in warranty). Someone should take action to get this resolved before there are serious injuries/deaths related directly to this problem.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Jun 222013

Escape

Driving normal hwy speeds, throttle shuts down. Wrench indicator lights. Have to try to get off of hwy on to shoulder. When stopped, engine still runs but very rough and the throttle does nothing. After turning the engine off the problem resets and runs fine for approx 20 miles or more. Then the same thing happens again. The problem then progressively gets worse. Have read that this is a huge issue and needs T be addressed before someone gets injured or killed.

- Arlington, TX, USA