- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 4 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 4 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 7 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 13 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems
2013 Ford Escape (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 51,106 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: