7.0

$1,200.00

2. $106.00 part and $1100.00 in labor to take the dash out! (1 reports)
1996 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Ford Explorer:

1996 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 012009

Explorer LX V6

No matter what setting is selected only very hot air comes out of the vents - not even fresh air - it's always super heated. I can't even tell if the air conditioning works or not because it only BLASTS hot air.

- , Buffalo, NY, USA

Jul 302009

Explorer Limited V6

Had the same problem at 120000 miles and didn't expect to have the same problem again. I really like the car but if I put another 1200.00 into it that is more then it is worth!!! Will be looking for a Chevy or Dodge now because winter is coming on.

- , Reno, NV, USA

Oct 132002

Explorer Limited

My heater always blows hot air and I live in California, it gets HOT here. I took it to the dealer and they told me it would cost $1200 to fix. Screw ford

- , SAnta ANa, CA, USA

Oct 262001

Explorer

the heater does not blow hot air when turned on. this happened last year and everything checks out on the vehicle that says the heater should work. I think it is a vent flap that is not switching over? Any help would be nice.

- , Winneconne, WI, USA