6.0

1998 Ford Explorer exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Explorer:

1998 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Apr 302008

Explorer

I took my car (a lemon since the day i bought it) into the dealer - the guy was a real tool- not in a good way- they tell me my cat converters need replacing and a tune up - i said i didn't have 1900 dollars lying around and my skeptical nature had we wanting a second opinion- i took to another shop and this guy tells me the same thing and that i have to buy the original parts because the car was bought in California. so i researched it and found out that its only where the car is registered not where it was bought. Both places tried to trick me into buying original ford parts. anyway, after more research i learned that there always is another reason why the cats are malfunctioning. so i would wind up replacing that part again in the future.

- , Anchorage, AK, USA

Mar 272005

Explorer

IF YOU DO NOT REPLACE YOUR CATALYTIC CONVERTER IF DIAGNOSES BAD CAN THIS CAUSE ENGINE PROBLEMS.

- , Pollock Pines, CA, USA