Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

2001 Ford Explorer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Aug 072007

Explorer Eddie Bauer

My Explorer has an issue that if it has 5 gallons of gas or is 50 miles to empty and I park it, it will not turn back on, unless I face the nose of the car uphill. If the nose of the car is level or facing down hill the ca will not turn back on once it is off. I have been told by towing sites that they get that a lot with my make car.

I also notice that in a lot of Ford Explorers the arm rest of the car always rips or crack and the damage gets bigger.

- , Wheaton, Matyland, USA