CarComplaints.com Notes: How can we give the 2001 model year a "seal of pretty good" when it has some problems with a slipping transmission and a known problem with the speed activation control switch? Because it's not the 2002. That's how.

8.0

2001 Ford Explorer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Explorer:

2001 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Mar 102012

Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L

I just replace the driver side seat on my 2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, however I did get the seat from the junkyard, but the seat I got from the junkyard had a airbag in it, but it was deployed from the accident the truck was in, so all I needed was the actual seat not the back rest where the airbags was. So I took the seat apart and install it in my truck, everything fit perfectly however there is a connector piece for the airbag under the seat, that I can't use cause my truck never came with airbag seats, so I just left it unplugged, now my airbag light is coming on, on the dashboard. Do you think its from the seat where it's not connected? Is there anyway I can bypass it so the light can go off on the dash?

- , Washington, D.C, USA