8.2

2. replace condenser (4 reports)
  3. dealer replaced vehicle (1 reports)
  4. fixed by mechanic (1 reports)
2002 Ford Explorer AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2002 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 272006

Explorer LXT V6

One of the many problems I've had with this vehicle. The a/c was blowing warm air. The condenser was leaking and I had to have that replaced. I've spent thousands on repairs, I could have bought a new vehicle. I just never think that ANOTHER thing can go wrong. I don't drive crazy, I have it serviced on a regular basis. There is no reason for all the problems I've had except inferior quality. The kick in the butt is I almost never use the a/c!

- , West Nyack, NY, USA

Jun 012008

Explorer XLT V6

Air conditioning just stopped working one day. Add it to the list of problems with this vehicle--transmission, electrical, leaking water from back window/door. I will never buy a Ford again.

- , Commerce, MI, USA

Sep 202007

Explorer Eddie Bauer V8

My air compressor stopped cooling on my birthday, September 20, 2007. Living at the beach, this caused for a couple months of unbearable heat. I have had cars that were 10+ years old and this never occurred. Just the FIRST of many complaints with this peice of crap.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Oct 042007

Explorer XLS

One day the AC worked and the next day it did not... what a piece of junk. I'm currently to broke to get it fixed.

- , Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 172007

Explorer Limited 4,0

FRONT DRIVER VENTS (LEFT AND MIDDLE) BLOWING COLD. REAR VENTS OK TOO. FRONT PASSENGER VENTS (RIGHT AND MIDDLE) BLOWING NORMAL OUTSIDE AIR.

- , Bellerose, NY, USA

Apr 212007

Explorer XLS V6

When we go to use the A/C during the hot summers in Pennsylvania, the crap box would not work. We would be sweating but the heater would work but not the A/C. Somebody tell me why Ford is still in business!!!!!!

- , Trooper, P. A. 1, USA