- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
- November 25: Ford Cleared in Steering Defect Investigation of 500,000 Cars
- November 18: Ford Fusions Recalled So They Don't Roll Away
- November 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes Lawsuit Still Breathing
- November 4: Ford Recalls 202,000 Vehicles For Numerous Defects
Rear Hatch Washer Not Working
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 102,377 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
windows / windshield problem