- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 2 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 4 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 9 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 19 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 21 days ago
Blend Door In Hvac System Makes Loud Clicking Noise
2004 Ford Explorer (Page 3 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Another common problem for the 2002-2005 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 93,682 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 43 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- fix blend door motor is slipping or blend door is broken (11 reports)
- replace blend door actuator (10 reports)
- replace blend door (7 reports)
AC / heater problem