- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 8 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 16 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 17 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
Clicking Noise & No Heat In The Front Heater Vents
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,083 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- replace accuator door (5 reports)
- replace heating system (1 reports)
AC / heater problem