- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 2 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 4 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 9 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 19 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 21 days ago
Clicking Noise & No Heat In The Front Heater Vents
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ford Explorer one of our worst vehicles on record. "Avoid like the plague" is putting it lightly.
The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000.
Adding insult to injury, the 2002-2005 Explorer also has a massive problem with the rear panel cracking. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,083 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- replace accuator door (5 reports)
- replace heating system (1 reports)
AC / heater problem