- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 3 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 21 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 24 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 51 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 60 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 28,166 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
body / paint problem