- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 11 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 21 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 27 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 40 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 52 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2011 Ford Explorer (Page 5 of 17)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The NHTSA's complaint data shows potentially scary power steering problems with the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The NHTSA complaints are pretty serious - owners report the power steering cuts out while driving. The NHTSA opened an investigation in June 2012 but hasn't reached a decision about a recall yet. In the meantime, buyers beware.
It's too bad because the 2009 & 2010 Ford Explorer are solid, trouble-free model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 7 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 51,410 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: