2013 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Explorer:

2013 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 082014

When hard accelaration up to 4K RPM exhaust smell or bad odor (something like burnt) comes in from cabin..I brought my car twice at Ford service and they do tsb but still no improvement.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 072013

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

When accelerating a stong exhaust smell is present in the vehicle cabin. This is most pronounced during a long acceleration I.e. when entering a highway. Following a period of acceleration we need to open the windows to purge the exhaust from the cabin. This is regardless of the heating/cooling system being on or off, or if the recirculation feature is enabled. The dealership implemented a technical service bulletin for this condition and it had no improvement.

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Explorer 6-cyl

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer last week and I am having an issue with burnt oil smell getting inside the cabin even with A/C in recirculation mode. It is such a disappointment to pay over 40K for a brand new SUV and been dealing with such an issue. I have a newborn and I am afraid to take it with me in the Explorer because I guess it is harmful for anybody. First time I bought a Ford and I am not happy about my decision to switch brands. I took to the dealership and need to go back on Monday to do a system update but I don't think updating the software it's going to solve the problem. I hope someone from Ford can read this and pay attention to us because it's not healthy to be driving inhaling harmful fumes.

- Miramar, FL, USA