2013 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Explorer:

2013 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jul 122013

Explorer

At the3200 mileage I experince brake issues rotary had to be replaced.on the first week of July 2015 additional brake work had to be redone.on july10th 2015 while driving the ac unit went out completly while I was driving on a long extended trip barely made it home no air wierd screehin noise. Scheduled to go back to repair7-14-15. I purchase the vehicle July 2014.the vehicle has 36000. Very unhappy at this point thinking about returning the vehicle and starting over with some other vehicle

- Alvaton, KY, USA

Jul 072015

Explorer

The front edge of the hood has bubbling paint, dealer tried to have Ford cover the repair but Ford denied the repair. Dealership instructed me to call Ford customer service and file a complaint. Ford customer service suggested I file a complaint here with NHTSA.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

May 012015

Explorer

Figured out that the constant annoying flapping noise during cross winds while driving at highway speeds that seemed to be coming from the windshield trim or lower door post was actually coming from a loose panel fastener or shield clip on the inner fender splash shield/skirt. There are several of these fasteners and one was loose enough to allow the shield to vibrate. Once that was resecured it hasn't made the noise since.

- Champaign, IL, USA

May 212015

Explorer

Burnt oil smell during acceleration or long trips. This is easily repeatable and happens every time.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Nov 102013

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

Exhaust fumes in cabin when accelerated.

- Manns Choice, PA, USA

Nov 082014

Explorer

When accelerating, exhaust/gas fumes emitted inside the vehicle through the vent system. Fumes are more profound in the rear, inside vehicle. When vent/climate system is off, no fumes. Seems to be more profound when ac is operating, nevertheless the fumes accumulate to the rear. Started noticing on 11/8/2014 and has worsened each day since. Dealer appointment made for 11/12/2014.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Sep 212014

Explorer

Hear a thunk when chassis under certain stress. Dealership reports it is likely body supports that need to be replaced.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 082014

Explorer

When hard accelaration up to 4K RPM exhaust smell or bad odor (something like burnt) comes in from cabin..I brought my car twice at Ford service and they do tsb but still no improvement.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 072013

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

When accelerating a stong exhaust smell is present in the vehicle cabin. This is most pronounced during a long acceleration I.e. when entering a highway. Following a period of acceleration we need to open the windows to purge the exhaust from the cabin. This is regardless of the heating/cooling system being on or off, or if the recirculation feature is enabled. The dealership implemented a technical service bulletin for this condition and it had no improvement.

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Explorer 6-cyl

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer last week and I am having an issue with burnt oil smell getting inside the cabin even with A/C in recirculation mode. It is such a disappointment to pay over 40K for a brand new SUV and been dealing with such an issue. I have a newborn and I am afraid to take it with me in the Explorer because I guess it is harmful for anybody. First time I bought a Ford and I am not happy about my decision to switch brands. I took to the dealership and need to go back on Monday to do a system update but I don't think updating the software it's going to solve the problem. I hope someone from Ford can read this and pay attention to us because it's not healthy to be driving inhaling harmful fumes.

- Miramar, FL, USA