2013 Ford Explorer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Explorer:

2013 Ford Explorer Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

May 212015

Explorer

Burnt oil smell during acceleration or long trips. This is easily repeatable and happens every time.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Nov 102013

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

Exhaust fumes in cabin when accelerated.

- Manns Choice, PA, USA

Nov 082014

Explorer

When accelerating, exhaust/gas fumes emitted inside the vehicle through the vent system. Fumes are more profound in the rear, inside vehicle. When vent/climate system is off, no fumes. Seems to be more profound when ac is operating, nevertheless the fumes accumulate to the rear. Started noticing on 11/8/2014 and has worsened each day since. Dealer appointment made for 11/12/2014.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Sep 212014

Explorer

Hear a thunk when chassis under certain stress. Dealership reports it is likely body supports that need to be replaced.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 082014

Explorer

When hard accelaration up to 4K RPM exhaust smell or bad odor (something like burnt) comes in from cabin..I brought my car twice at Ford service and they do tsb but still no improvement.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 072013

Explorer 4WD 6-cyl

When accelerating a stong exhaust smell is present in the vehicle cabin. This is most pronounced during a long acceleration I.e. when entering a highway. Following a period of acceleration we need to open the windows to purge the exhaust from the cabin. This is regardless of the heating/cooling system being on or off, or if the recirculation feature is enabled. The dealership implemented a technical service bulletin for this condition and it had no improvement.

- Ballston Spa, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Explorer 6-cyl

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer last week and I am having an issue with burnt oil smell getting inside the cabin even with A/C in recirculation mode. It is such a disappointment to pay over 40K for a brand new SUV and been dealing with such an issue. I have a newborn and I am afraid to take it with me in the Explorer because I guess it is harmful for anybody. First time I bought a Ford and I am not happy about my decision to switch brands. I took to the dealership and need to go back on Monday to do a system update but I don't think updating the software it's going to solve the problem. I hope someone from Ford can read this and pay attention to us because it's not healthy to be driving inhaling harmful fumes.

- Miramar, FL, USA