2014 Ford Explorer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Explorer:

2014 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

May 252014

Explorer

We rented a 2014 Ford Explorer from avis over memorial day weekend. My 10 month old daughter was in the second row rear-facing in her diono radian rxt car seat (sitting on the right side of the SUV). When I pressed the lever to let the left side seats down to put my two year old into his car seat on the third row, the spring-loaded seats landed on her leg, twisting and crushing it. Now she has a broken tibia! there is a serious flaw in the design of these seats. They are very heavy and are spring loaded so that they fall very hard when you press the lever. I do not believe they accounted for children sitting in rear facing car seats when they designed this vehicle, it is like a booby trap waiting to happen and it needs to be recalled.

- Thompsons Station, TN, USA