2015 Ford Explorer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Explorer:

2015 Ford Explorer Owner Comments

Jul 162016

My son was sitting in the back left seat and he got strangled into the middle seat belt. It locked and would not release making the strangulation more tight. I then had to cut the belt. This is a huge safety issue. We were stationary in the driveway, luckily I was still home and was able to cut the belt. If I was not, I would have had to call 911.

- Framingham, MA, USA

Jun 202016

My car was struck from behind - 65mph and the seat belt did not tension and caused my head to bounce off the steering wheel causing a large knot on my head and taken away by ambulance - no air bags deployed (but that may be due to being struck from behind and pushed into a vehicle in front) I was rolling 5 to 10mph and slowing for traffic - hit from behind by pickup - no brakes applied - flew forward and the seat belt tensioner released all the belt out and stayed that way - I would think that I should have been stopped by the belt and bruised across the chest - but all the force was taken to my head and neck off the steering wheel and whiplashed back to the seat. The vehicle did dial 911 from the collision so that worked. June 20 2016 6:15pm police report not available as of this writing

- Hayward, CA, USA