2012 Ford Focus body / paint problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 11 of 13)

Aug 102015

Focus

Driver front door latch stopped working. Can not lock door. Car was stationary

- Canyon Lake, CA, USA

Aug 102015

Focus

Door latches broken. Doors won't close.happened while vehicle was stationary.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 202015

Focus

Spouse was driving kids home from school late yesterday afternoon (10-20-2015). Young teenage daughter was in the drivers side, rear seat, seat belted and resting against the driver side rear door. Vehicle was in motion on our city street when she made a right turn into our neighborhood. The driver side, rear door suddenly opened and my daughter screamed, her backpack fell out of the car. My spouse immediately stopped the car and found that the driver side, rear door latch was no longer latching closed. Spouse no longer driving vehicle today. I have the door held closed with the drivers side, rear seat belt. I am unable to lock/secure my vehicle and the exterior lights remain on when there is no pressure pushing/pulling the door closed. Daughter was not injured.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Oct 172015

• 7,500,000 miles

I have had my passanger door latch replaced a few months ago as it was not shutting, on Saturday the 17 of Oct 2015 I was driving home and my door opened while I was drivivg now that drivers door latch is broken ? 10/19/20215 service advisor states there is a charge of $411 I am 5 months pregnant and cant afford that because what are that chanches of two doors being defective, I had to call in to work as I have no transportation my door will not shut.

Aug 202015

Focus

My 2012 Ford Focus was taken into Ford dealer on 8/24/15 to repair a back driver side door latch, door opened up while driving on turnpike from davie to North miami beach, Florida and I had to have it repaired since there was no recall for this item with my VIN #, cost me $615 to repair. Got my car back six weeks later since Ford motor didn't have the part available for this length of time. There is a recall for this same problem on the fiesta and Fusion 2012 but not Ford Focus. I was told to keep my receipt in case there is a recall started on this particular problem with Ford Focus and my VIN # is included.

- North Miami Beach, FL, USA

Oct 162015

Focus

The contact owns a owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While driving approximately 30 mph and making a right turn, the driver side door opened independently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the latch fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 022015

Focus

I purchased a Ford Focus may of 2014, with 30,000 miles on it. I had a factory warranty up to 60,000 miles on it. I am now at 62,000 miles on my car and the latch on my driver side door broke and my door flew open while driving on the freeway at 70 mph. If I were not wearing my seatbelt, I would have flown out of my car to my death! since then, I have had to bungie my front doors shut, leaving me no access to get in and out of my car safely, having to crawl in my backseat. I need this fixed asap and I am not paying to get it fixed with so many Ford breaking down.

- Laveen, AZ, USA

Oct 132015

Focus

Driver side rear door latch failed, preventing door from closing properly. Safety hazard as door will not remain closed. Second door latch to fail on this vehicle.

- St. Cloud, FL, USA

Oct 082015

Focus

Vehicle is equipped with remote entry and passive anti-theft system. On October 8, 2015, the right rear passenger door latch failed while the vehicle was stationary in a parking lot and the door will not stay closed. At present the door is being held closed with a bungee cord. Part is currently not available from Ford.

- Natchitoches, LA, USA

Oct 042015

Focus

Right hand rear door latch failure. Vehicle was moving from park when defect was warned by the dashboard "door open" warning system. (warning! the following is an editorial, or rant, by the car owner. He intends to shame those at Ford who decide that things like door latch issues do not serve the bottom line so are unimportant.) to thoroughly describe this problem one need only to know of the hundreds of thousands of Ford already recalled for the same issue. Cajoling by some seems to increase the scope of the recall, which does not yet include this vehicle. Among other things, this is a safety concern. Passenger seatbelts being more widely used does not allow for door latches to be less effective! let the luxury options fail before ten years, not the bones of the thing. Who decides to continue using bad latch technology for so long? this is not a challenge, it is a choice.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 172015

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact stated that there was rust on the body and subframe of the vehicle. In addition, the seat belt retractor fractured three times. The seat belt retractor was repaired, but Ford declined to repair the rust. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 67,513.

- Sun Prairie, WI, USA

Sep 302015

Focus

Door latch on driver side will not latch and close, I have heard of other people having the same issue. I know they have a recall for the Ford fiesta for the same problem, I am pretty sure this is the same latch assembly that's on the fiesta.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Sep 242015

Focus

Rear driver's side door latch failed-- door will not stay closed as a result.

Sep 242015

Focus

Driver door latch would not latch door closed.

- Laughlin, NV, USA

Sep 192015

Focus

I have a 2012 Ford Focus sel sedan. I was removing some items from the back seat and upon closing the right-hand rear door the door would not latch. Tried locking the door remotely before closing. No effect. Tried jogging the door latch mechanism to see if it was stuck somehow. No effect. I have to tie a string to the door handle from the inside around the front passenger headrest in order to keep the door closed! to add insult to injury, the front-passenger door latch mechanism failed less than a week ago! a replacement part is on order for it from my local Ford dealer. Fortunately, the front door will stay closed if it is locked before closing it, but this is still a ridiculous component failure.

Sep 112015

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. While parked, the latch on the front passenger side door lock failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,000.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Sep 122015

Focus

2012 Ford Focus sel front passenger-side door is failing to latch closed. Latch mechanism can only be actuated through directly holding the affected door closed and locking the door remotely. Door stays closed if locked.

Sep 102015

Focus

Driver door latch failed preventing door from latching closed. Door could open while vehicle in motion

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Sep 082015

Focus

Driver side door latch is broken. When shutting the door it will not latch and can come open when driving. I took it to the dealer and it is not part of the door latch recall.

- Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Sep 012015

Focus

Discovered drivers side door will not close, stay shut, latch, or lock properly. Door may be pulled or pushed open when parked or at any speed and latching mechanism will not keep door in place. This is a highly concerning safety issue as this resulted in recalls for the Explorer, 2011-2014 fiesta, 2013-2014 Fusion, and 2013-2014 mkz with the same exact mechanism.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA