2012 Ford Focus body / paint problems

2012 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 4 of 13)

Aug 112016

Focus

Rear driver side door not latching. Opened it to get personal stuff out and went to close it and the door just bounced back. Looked at the latch and it doesn't stay up.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Focus

The door will not latch closed. The driver's side door immediately swung open when I attempted to drive the vehicle. I was unable to ever close it again after that. It just leans in place, but it never latches.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jul 142016

Focus

Driver's side back door opened while vehicle was being driven. Spring forcing latch to secure is evidently broken. Vehicle was going straight at approximately 30 mph.

- Galveston, TX, USA

Aug 072016

Focus

As of August 7, 2016 the driver side door latch fails to latch in the closed position. Malfunction was discovered when I returned to the parked vehicle at the grocery store. Prior to this there was no indication that the latch function was failing. Obviously this malfunction is a serious safety and theft concern.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jul 262016

Focus

Driver's door latch failed and door would not close. Car was parked and I had it locked it with the remote control. Had it repaired by my mechanic. Concerned other doors will have the same problem.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 082016

Focus

This is the second time it happens to my Ford Focus 2012 hatchback. First it was the back door at the drivers side, the second one was the driver door. I get out of the car and when pressed the key fob the horn sound twice. Go back to check if I let a door open, and the door would not close. Call the dealer and they told me that they know they have problem with the door latches but they could not do anything because Ford did not have a recall for my car.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA

Focus

The driver's door latch has failed and will not close the door anymore. Dealer says the recall does not apply to 2012 Ford Focus

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Focus

Drivers side door latch broke and door does not remain closed/latched while car is in motion or sitting still. Cannot secure my car nor can I safely operate my car since the door will not close. This is the second door latch that is defective in my vehicle. Now both driver's side doors will not remain closed. Front and rear door latches are defective.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Aug 042016

Focus

Faulty door latch. Ford will not honor its own recall notice published in news papers throughout us. Cost for replace is over $500. Door latches have failed while driving. My latch failed while in park, but door would not close. From abc news article "Ford is recalling about 830,000 vehicles in the U.S. and Mexico because parts in the side door latches can break and the doors can open while the vehicles are moving. The recall announced Thursday covers certain 2013 to 2015 Ford escape SUVS and C-max cars, and 2012 to 2015 Focus cars. Also included are 2014 to 2016 Ford transit connect vans, and Ford mustang sports cars and Lincoln mkc SUVS from 2015." Ford says a faulty spring part can break, stopping the doors from latching. The company says the rate of problems is higher in states with high temperatures and sunlight exposure, so the recall is focused on all of Mexico and 16 states mainly in the South and West. States included are Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Oregon and Washington. Dealers will replace all latches in the recall states and Mexico. In other states they will replace the latches if they break. The company says it knows of one crash and one injury that could have been caused by the problem. The recall will cost Ford about $270 million, and that figure will be included in the company's third-quarter pretax results, Ford said in a filing with the securities and exchange commission. Door latches have been problematic for Ford during the past two years. In may of 2015 the company had to recall 692,000 small and midsize cars for a similar latch problem. At the time, the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration warned owners of the cars to get them repaired as soon as they get a notice from Ford."

- Crowley, TX, USA

Focus

My drivers side rear doors latch broke/malfunctioned leading to my rear door swinging open freely while I was driving, my daughter was in the back seat. The door it's self will now no longer stay closed. It appears the plastic/rubber latch was possibly warped from the heat.

- Temple, TX, USA

Jun 302016

Focus

Door latch assembly driver side rear door and front passenger door had to be replaced, stop working for no know reason

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 012016

Focus

The back door latch does not close and the door opened in on its own now will not stay shut safety big time I could have been on the freeway driving with someone sitting in the back seat now I have to pay 430 to Ford to fix something that is a major problem and safety concern

- Fair Oaks, Ca, CA, USA

Focus

While driving my vehicle on 08/03/2016 at approx. 8pm, my driver's side front door opened. At the same time, the dome light came on, and a warning appeared on my instrument panel. I managed to pull the door closed. After pulling over and stopping, I repeatedly attempted to close the door. It would not latch. This leaves my car undrivable and unsecured (even when my vehicle is locked, the front driver door does not lock, as it will not latch).

- Barstow, CA, USA

Focus

The driver's side rear passenger door will not close. I have to use a piece of wire to hold the door closed so that it will not fly open while I am driving. I noticed the door did not close when I tried to set the alarm. The car had been stationary for about two hours. A customer representative from Ford Motor Company told me that my Ford Focus was not listed in a previous recall. This does not make sense to me. Why should I have to pay for something that was the fault of the manufacturer?

- El Paso, TX, USA

Focus

Driving on the freeway my driver door just flew open. Now it won't shut unless I lock the door first in the slot in the door jam then close it. There is a recall on the same year on the fiesta, Fusion, and Lincoln mkz. This needs to be addressed as this is a safety issue, lucky I had my seat belt on like you should always but the door could have hit another car and cause an accident. I am lucky that didn't happen....

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Focus

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. The contact stated that the rear passenger side door failed to close. The contact mentioned that the door had to be tied in order to remain secured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 46,000....updated 09/12/16

- Sun Valley, NV, USA

Focus

The door of my 2012 Ford Focus flew open while driving and will not latch to close.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 292016

Focus

The door latch on my driver's door failed just after I got in it and began driving up my street. The door would not stay closed and an alert sounded. The Ford dealership has told me I have to replace the latch at a cost of approximately $800.

- Humble, TX, USA

Jul 302016

Focus

The driver side door would not close once I got into the car. I had to drive my car while holding the door shut. This is such a safety hazard! I took the car directly to san tan Ford in gilbert, AZ. San tan Ford explained to me that there was not a recall on the Ford Focus yet, only on the Fusion and the fiesta. I am furious to find out there has been over 73 Ford Focus vehicles reported with this latch issue and a recall has not been made. I am also aware that these malfunctioning latches can break on any of the doors in these vehicles at anytime. I do not feel safe having any family members including grandchildren ride with me in my car. San tan Ford gave me an estimate of $529 to fix one latch. In order for all of my latches to be replaced it will be over $2,116. This is unethical and hazardous to their consumers and families.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Focus

Passenger door will not latch. Drove for +/- 200 feet activating auto-lock while pulling on door to close it helped and it finally latched. Later I was on the freeway driving 65-70 it popped open again. After slowing down and struggling to hold the door shut, I managed to get it to close again because the auto-lock kept clicking.

- Stockton, CA, USA