- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 6 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 36 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 38 days ago
- October 21: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 50 days ago
- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 58 days ago
Check Engine Light Is On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,936 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- drilled out intake manifold (1 reports)
- replace bad egr valve (1 reports)