- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 0 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 41 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 48 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 67 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 70 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
1.5hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 115,946 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem