- November 7: Honda Fit LX Recalled After Brackets Puncture Airbags
- November 4: Honda Leaves Takata at the Curb
- November 3: Honda Pilot Recalled To Update Instrument Cluster Software
- November 1: Honda Recalls 2016 CR-V After Takata Airbag Explodes
- October 29: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbags Cause 19 Injuries
1998 Honda Accord
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Worst 1998 Accord fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- gas pump does not supply enough gas to the injector1
- intermittently won't start1
- oil dipstick smells like gas1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other25
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly19
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System13
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline12
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...3
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Carburetor System1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.