- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- May 18: Honda CR-V and Acura RDX Recalled For Invisible Ink recalls | 12 days ago
- May 17: Lawsuit Says 2015-2017 Honda CR-V SUVs Have Fuel Odor Problems news | 13 days ago
- May 3: Honda and Takata Sued Over Malaysian Death Caused by Airbag news | 27 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Worst 1998 Accord steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loss of power steering with eps light showing1
- NHTSA: Steering14
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar6
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Pitman1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Hose, Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Link: Drag: Connection1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.