- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 9 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 46 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 76 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Worst 1998 Accord steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- loss of power steering with eps light showing1
- NHTSA: Steering14
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar6
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Gear Box: Shaft Pitman1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Hose, Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Link: Drag: Connection1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.