- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 29 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 39 days ago
2000 Honda Accord (Page 2 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,637 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 83 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (31 reports)
- replaced transmission (27 reports)
- replaced transmission with a rebuilt transmission (18 reports)
- rebuilt the transmission and replaced torque converter (6 reports)
- seal by dealership $400.00 failed again needs, xmsn (1 reports)