- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 76 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 87 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 87 days ago
2004 Honda Accord
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue ever since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially replaced the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
Worst 2004 Accord accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stereo/HVAC display module went dark67
- power lock problems5
- dome light went out4
- cd changer not working3
- can't put into gear from park2
- glove compartment will not open2
- leather seats crack and tear2
- radio turning off/on by itself2
- battery light flickers intermittently1
- CD / radio makes a loud frying noise1
- door is stuck closed1
- leather seat squeaks1
- nothing works, need to know your pin code1
- roof lining falling off1
- seat is uncomfortable1
- NHTSA: Seats12
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel8
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting7
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.6
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust4
- NHTSA: Seats: Mid/Rear Assembly2
- NHTSA: Equipment1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Seat Heater/Cooler1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.