- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 1 days ago
- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 23 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 25 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 34 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems
2005 Honda Accord (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 9 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 83,912 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
body / paint problem