2006 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 122012

Accord 4-cyl

I filled up my car at the hess station on route 112 in coram, long island, New York. I put my car, slowly in reverse and the car took off like it had a mind of it's own. I stepped on the brake, but nothing happened and the car continued to speed up in reverse- with my foot on the brake - heading towards a van with a baby in it in a car seat. I quickly put the car in forward, and with my foot still on the brake, the car flew across the parking lot of the gas station, crossed two lanes of traffic, crashed into the woods. I steered away from a telephone pole I was definitely going to hit and, when I went into the woods the air bag went off and covered my face. I then went back across two lanes of traffic again, with the airbag over my face, and crashed into the curb in front of the hess station when I reported the accident to my insurance company, the hartford, I asked them to check out the speed sensor-. my insurance company said they would not be able to check out the speed sensor. I then called Honda customer service and told them of the incident. They informed me that, unless they received a request from the hartford, they would not check out the speed sensor. I then called the hartford and requested that they call Honda to have the car inspected by Honda themselves. Hartford told me that they would not pay to have Honda inspect the vehicle - they were just going to have their adjuster look at the car and told me they were not going to look at the speed sensor at all. So, basically, no one is willing to do anything and I almost killed a baby in a car seat and myself this seems ludicrous to me that no one is even willing to check this defect out. I sincerely hope that you can help me with this very difficult situation.

- Center Moriches, NY, USA

Feb 022012

Accord

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrument panel of the vehicle. The dealer diagnosed that the driver seat position sensor needed to be replaced. The dealer and the manufacturer was notified of the failure, but advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 07V001000 (air bags:frontal:sensor/control module). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was approximately 110,000.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Feb 262010

Accord

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. While driving at speeds of 35 mph, the air bags deployed without warrant. The contact was able to move the vehicle from the highway without incident and was assisted by a passing police officer who filed a police report. The dealer was unable to diagnose the failure and advised the air bags may have deployed due to abnormally pressure. The manufacture would not provide any assistance with repairs to the air bags. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000 and the current mileage was 120,712.

- Shuqualak, MS, USA

Mar 052009

Accord

I was in a head-on collision that totaled my car. The airbags did not deploy, causing my head to hit the car. It was a 2006 Honda Accord that I bought new.

- Afton, OK, USA

Jan 122006

Accord 4-cyl

: the contact stated that while driving down a ramp the airbag on the passenger side deployed without cause. There was no pre-incident braking and the airbag warning light did not illuminate. There was no police report filed, pictures taken or repair invoices available. The dealership retained the vehicle for 7 weeks and could not determine the problem however the ceiling, airbag, and the seat were replaced.

- Cogan Station, PA, USA