CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2008 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 9 of 14)

Dec 242014

Accord

Car was hit in the rear and the passenger ( right front) airbag deployed. Car was stationary when it was hit and the air bag deployed.

- Narragansett, RI, USA

Mar 152015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. While driving various speeds, the air bag and SRS warning indicators illuminated intermittently. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Semmes, AL, USA

Oct 132015

Accord

The air bag light stays on constantly. I took it to the dealer, I was told that the control module would have to be replaced at a cost of $752. The car has 66,287 miles on it. The previous owner had a small rear end collision but the air bags did not deploy. I was told that some of the other parts of the safety system were covered repairs at no cost but the control sensor was not covered. I took the car to autonation Honda in memphis, tn.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

Sep 242015

Accord

Driver traveling speed limit on interstate 40 outside kingman, AZ. Driver drifted off the road, over corrected, and struck a wooden post at the end of guardrail, causing car to leave the roadway. The air bags did not deploy, leading insurance investigators concerned. Insurance adjustors felt the car could be fixed until a large hole was discovered in the transmission. Concern to all was that air bags did not deploy.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 152015

Accord

With no impact or apparent reason the air bag light has come on. One Honda dealer told me that no air bags would deploy if in an accident and another Honda dealer told me that all the air bags would deploy in an accident. Both advised against fixing as very expensive to determine reason for light. I drive a lot and do not want to put myself or my family in danger. Please help

- Casselberry, FL, USA

Sep 152015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator continued to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Lilburn, GA, USA

Aug 152015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. While driving at 40 mph, the air bag and seat belt warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and then to an independent mechanic where the technician stated that the software failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Viera, FL, USA

Sep 102014

Accord

Passenger airbag warning light comes on intermently while drive car. Had Honda check the issue out they said would cost approx. $1000 to repair. Read article in local news paper Aug 22,2015 that NHTSA is investigating defect that could prevent airbags from deploying. We spent several hundred dollars to have this issue fixed at a local garage. Were dos this issue currently stand?.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Sep 032015

Accord

On the 3rd of September the door was closed, and all passenger side air bags deployed, my grandson was in his car seat, but suffered no harm. The car was parked.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 062015

Accord

Our 2008 Honda Accord SRS indicator is on which alerts a potential problem with the airbag or seat belt tensioners per owner's manual. We took the car to Honda dealer. It took them hours and charged us $157 but couldn't find the problem. They ended up suggesting either we replace SRS unit $603+tax, and if problem still present then replace the gauge control module $555+tax. Hereby we're reporting this issue and hope Honda will recall the vehicle.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 142015

Accord

The airbag indicator light came on while driving. My mechanic says that the airbag control module appears to be faulty and the airbags will not deploy in the case of a crash.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Jan 212015

Accord

My airbag light stays on and the alarm doesn't go off when the seat belt isn't put on. I just began to have trouble starting the vehicle. Now I can't start it and I've had to have it towed to my home.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Jul 282015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V320000 (air bags) and 15V370000 (air bags) were received in July of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carleton, MI, USA

Jun 142015

Accord

First incident was on 6/14/2015. I was driving on the highway as my engine light came on and the car started shaking. I pulled over and turned the car off because it smelled like smoke. As I tried to turn the vehicle back on it would not cut back on. The car had to get towed and repairs had to be done to the tune of $1,500. The battery, gasket, plugs & alternator had to be replaced. Second incident was on 7/17/2015. As I was making a left hand turn the car stalled & I was hit by another vehicle. All air bags deployed and burst. The right front wheel was pushed in.

- Morrisville, PA, USA

Jul 132015

Accord

The air bag sensor (driver side) light is on and Honda refuses to determine the cause at their expense. Claims the car is not covered by the massive airbag recall. Although from us dot investigation they previously hide warranty issues from the public.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jun 032015

Accord

I have not had an accident yet but my airbag light stays on all the time my seatbelt light does not come on at all that is with them on or off.I cared it to Honda dealership where I service my car was told by the manger that this was a safety issue that this would be taken care of so they ask me to leave my car with them come back next day car is not fixed change of heart they say they will have to charge me over 600 dollars I have checked into it Honda is suppose to fix seatbelt issues up to 150 thousand miles my car has 119 thousand miles I have so many reports about 2008 Honda Accord with this issue but they have not sent me anything about this problem please help with this thank you.

- Red Springs, NC, USA

Jun 132015

Accord

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Accord. While the vehicle was parked, the passenger side curtain and front side air bags deployed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 91,000.

- New Castle, PA, USA

Jul 012015

Accord

My SRS warning light is on and will not go off. My research is showing that this could be my air bags have been disabled. My car has not been any type of accident and now I have an expense to get this repaired....updated 12/29/15

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 152015

Accord 6-cyl

Air bag malfunction light illuminated on dash, making airbag system useless. Taken to dealer said the SRS computer was bad, had computer replaced at a cost of $430.69. Had to wait 4 days for parts because they were on backorder they must have a problem with these units, they should not go bad anyway, I think it is a defective part. I called Honda customer assistance, they said basically it is out of the 3yr/360000 warranty and I am responsible for the safety equipment. I do not agree with this at all, seems to me they could care less about safety..updated 07/20/15

- Carl Junction, MO, USA

May 202015

Accord

Pulled into subway sandwich shop, passenger got out of car shut door and passenger side air bags deployed.

- Bristow, OK, USA