2014 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 312014

Accord 4-cyl

I purchased new 2014 Honda Accord on 1/27/14 with 34 miles. On 1/31/14 with only 117 miles, I was attempting to park, perhaps 2 mph when all of the sudden, the car lunged forward on it's own with great force. I was appx 5 feet away from stopping when suddenly the airbag deployed, the car lunged, hit the concrete stop, jumped over and stopped only by steel cables.this occurred on the 4th floor (spiral parking). If the cable system were not in place, I would have ended up landing on the top of the cars parked on the 3rd floor. This entire incident occurred in 2 seconds or less. I was completely straight in line having turned right from the central aisle, about 5 feet from the concrete block, traveling no more than 2 mph. With no warning, the car lunged forward, airbag deployed and sent the car into the cables. I received a burn to my right hand from the airbag and was completely and utterly in shock. I have an exemplary driving history for 44 years and have never had anything so traumatizing occur ever. As I stated, this occurred so quickly as I was only 1-2 seconds from turning the engine off. In reporting this accident to Honda, they recommended having it towed to seidner's with whom they partner with. They completed the repairs on 3/1/14.the damage was extensive, $11,600 to the front end, hood, etc. The car was at the collision center until 3/1/14. Because of the claim I opened with Honda, they inspected the car 3/10/14, however only made a hand-written note that they test drove it for 48 miles, noting "no defects in mechanical inspection, no repairs recommended." I am utterly terrified that this could occur again. Please, can you direct me as to what I can do to ensure that this never recurs.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Jun 162013

Accord 4-cyl

Accord plug-in. Twice the gas engine lost almost all power at freeway speed, unable to maintain prevailing speed. Turning off & on restored power. Dealer reports code P2602, electric engine coolant pump fault.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA