2014 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 072014

Accord 4-cyl

Honda Accord ex-L 2014 will shut-off and coast to a stop if the "start push button" is pressed while driving. The car should be in park before pressing the start button has any affect !! while driving with the automatic transmission in drive, I placed my hand on my right knee and accidentally hit the "start push button" and to my surprise the car shut-off and coasted to a stop. I could not restart until I put the transmission in park.. dangerous !! I was leaving my house with the automatic transmission in drive when my hand going to my right knee hit the start button, the car stopped!. fortunately I was going less than 5mph so no accident. I spoke to the dealer and was told, that's the way it is - just like if you remove your keys while driving. However you can not remove your keys unless the car is in park and the key is turned from run.

- Mason, OH, USA

Mar 202014

Accord 4-cyl

Hesitation (unexpected acceleration) occurs intermittently at low speed. When the car is at a low speed and more power is needed and the accelerator is pressed there is no response initially; accelerator is then pressed more and the car then accelerates much more than was expected, resulting in a jerky, on/off type action. I believe this could cause an accident either when trying to merge into traffic or when trying to accelerate gently and having the car accelerate more than expected (in a parking lot or heavy slow traffic etc).

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Jun 162013

Accord 4-cyl

Accord plug-in. Twice the gas engine lost almost all power at freeway speed, unable to maintain prevailing speed. Turning off & on restored power. Dealer reports code P2602, electric engine coolant pump fault.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA