2014 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 312014

Accord

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while stopped at a stop sign, the vehicle stalled without warning. The failure recurred on three occasions. The vehicle failed to restart. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50. The VIN was not available.

- Oakton, VA, USA

Sep 052014

Accord

I drove the brand new Honda Accord with my 9 year old son on high way 93 South in the middle of the lane. It was Friday noon time, busy in high way. I felt something wrong with the car and tried to changed to slow lane. The engine stopped working with error code instead of "D" in the panel. There was big truck behind me. I pulled it over. It was within 24 hour after we picked up the car. It was scary experience! luckily, we are safe! even luckier, it happened when I drove it, not my 20 year old, inexperienced child drove. I could not imagine what would happen it occurred while he drove. Dealer told us it was regulator in the transmission system broken. They replaced the transmission as a solution.

- Andover, MA, USA

Aug 292014

Accord

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle hesitated and stalled. The contact was able to merge onto the side of the road where the vehicle was restarted and resume normal function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. However, the technician advised that the vehicle was unsafe to drive and required further inspection. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 88,833.

- Chino Hill , CA, USA

Jun 042014

Accord 4-cyl

I have a brand new 2014 Honda Accord sport. It hesitates when I accelerate from almost any speed. This is dangerous as I am nervous if I have to accelerate quickly for any reason, and getting on the highway can be tough too. I have seen others list this same issue on here, it's obviously a big problem with this car.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jan 072014

Accord 4-cyl

Honda Accord ex-L 2014 will shut-off and coast to a stop if the "start push button" is pressed while driving. The car should be in park before pressing the start button has any affect !! while driving with the automatic transmission in drive, I placed my hand on my right knee and accidentally hit the "start push button" and to my surprise the car shut-off and coasted to a stop. I could not restart until I put the transmission in park.. dangerous !! I was leaving my house with the automatic transmission in drive when my hand going to my right knee hit the start button, the car stopped!. fortunately I was going less than 5mph so no accident. I spoke to the dealer and was told, that's the way it is - just like if you remove your keys while driving. However you can not remove your keys unless the car is in park and the key is turned from run.

- Mason, OH, USA

Mar 202014

Accord 4-cyl

Hesitation (unexpected acceleration) occurs intermittently at low speed. When the car is at a low speed and more power is needed and the accelerator is pressed there is no response initially; accelerator is then pressed more and the car then accelerates much more than was expected, resulting in a jerky, on/off type action. I believe this could cause an accident either when trying to merge into traffic or when trying to accelerate gently and having the car accelerate more than expected (in a parking lot or heavy slow traffic etc).

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Jun 162013

Accord 4-cyl

Accord plug-in. Twice the gas engine lost almost all power at freeway speed, unable to maintain prevailing speed. Turning off & on restored power. Dealer reports code P2602, electric engine coolant pump fault.

- Plattsburgh, NY, USA