- July 20: Government Closes Mazda CX-9 Brake Pedal Investigation
- June 24: Mazda Recalls 4 Models Over Exploding Air Bag Fears
- June 18: Mazda Tribute Recalled For Loss of Power Steering
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- May 16: Kia Sorento Exploding Sunroof Investigation Expanded
1998 Mazda Protege
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1998 Mazda Protege
Official recall notices have been issued for the 1998 Mazda Protege by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. It's important to note that most recalls won't cost you anything to get fixed, so if your car is affected you should call an authorized Mazda service shop immediately!
1998 Mazda Protege EXTERIOR LIGHTING NHTSA Campaign #09E012000
Summary: Sabersport is recalling 16,270 combination corner and bumper lamp assemblies of various part numbers sold for use as aftermarket equipment for various passenger vehicles. These headlamps fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 108, "lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment." These lamps do not contain the required amber side reflectors.
Consequence: Decreased lighting visibility may result in a vehicle crash.
Actions: Sabersport will notify owners and offer a full refund for the noncompliant combination lamps. The safety recall began on May 11, 2009. Owners may contact sabersport at 1-909-598-7589. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #09E012000 »