- December 12: Mazda Recalls 330,000 Cars To Fix Killer Airbags
- December 6: Mazda Recalls 40,000 More Vehicles To Fix Explosive Takata Airbags
- November 29: Mazda Files Motion to Dismiss CX-7 VVT Lawsuit
- November 2: Mazda Recalls Mazda6 To Fix Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
1998 Mazda Protege
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1998 Mazda Protege
Official recalls have been issued for the 1998 Mazda Protege by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mazda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mazda customer service.
1998 Mazda Protege EXTERIOR LIGHTING NHTSA Campaign #09E012000
Summary: Sabersport is recalling 16,270 combination corner and bumper lamp assemblies of various part numbers sold for use as aftermarket equipment for various passenger vehicles. These headlamps fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 108, "lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment." These lamps do not contain the required amber side reflectors.
Consequence: Decreased lighting visibility may result in a vehicle crash.
Actions: Sabersport will notify owners and offer a full refund for the noncompliant combination lamps. The safety recall began on May 11, 2009. Owners may contact sabersport at 1-909-598-7589. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #09E012000 »