- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 12 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 16 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 23 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 24 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 28 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 3
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 22,407 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.