1999 Nissan Maxima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Nissan Maxima:

1999 Nissan Maxima Owner Comments

Mar 272015

I have replaced the ignition coils last year in 2014, along with new spark plugs. It passed emissions and car was running okay. This year I took the car to the shop on March 24 (not happy with the shop) for a tune-up, replacement of gaskets and again new spark plugs. They said to have replaced "an coil" and air handler...they damaged the car and I got stuck on the road and had to be towed, back to the shop.

They had me purchase a new key, for they said the computer needed to be reset and that was the issue. I pick up the car from the shop on April 8th at the tune of $500. My car now won't pass emission because the check engine light is on and code P325 and P1320 come on. The shop gave me the car back and won't fix the problem. I took it to a new guy and I was told i have to replace the coils again. I don't think he wants to work on the car as he knows this is a ongoing Nissan issue that can not be fixed.

Unfortunately, this is too expensive and more money than the car is probably worth. I am now stuck, I can't really purchase a new car right now. This seem to be a problem with Nissan and it would be nice to recall the situation. It cost a lot!!

- , Arlington, USA

Apr 282011

Maxima SE 3.0L V6

The SES light is on. I pulled the code and it shows P1320 Ignition signal, primary. I have changed all 6 coils and plugs. After completing the work i cleared the code and the light went away for one engine start but returns after I kill the engine and restart it a second time. The vehicle runs good and always has. There is no hesitation or jerking at all. The SES light is on and I can't get an inspection.

- , Mesquite, TX, USA