- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 19 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 28 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 54 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 65 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 71 days ago
2009 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems14NHTSA complaints: 62
- interior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 128
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.