- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
2009 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems4
- steering problems3
- exterior accessories problems1
- fuel system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1
- windows / windshield problems1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.