- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
- August 30: Nissan Recalls Frontier and NV For Seat Belt Problems
- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
2009 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 65
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.