- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 5 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 14 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 18 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 40 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 41 days ago
2009 Nissan Maxima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems19NHTSA complaints: 68
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 143
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.