- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
2009 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: We don't recommend the 2009 Maxima nearly as highly as the 2007-2008 Maxima, because NHTSA complaints show a pattern of the steering lock module failing.
When the module fails it prevents the car from starting, & Nissan dealers charge over $1,000 (!!) to repair it. Nissan recalled the module on some other 2009 models with the same steering lock problem, but for some reason they left out the 2009 Maxima.
If you're thinking about buying a 2009 Maxima, instead consider a 2007-2008, or 2010 (or newer).
Worst 2009 Maxima steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.